Rebooted and now everything is gone! What do I do?

• Hey all,

I setup my first OMV server the other day, all was up and good for a solid 24 hours. After configuring a few new things in docker the 2nd night I rebooted for some reason I can't recall and got a black screen telling me to insert boot media.

Curious I checked and the drives report in BIOS so I popped in a kali live usb and all my disks appear in the disk gui thingy they provide but no partitions are on them. Running "fdisk -l" In a terminal shows the drives are there but that's it. They're empty.

So tonight I popped into Testdisk and it was able to see the lost partition tables on the drives. I restored the partition table of my OS drive (120gb SSD) but couldn't mount it, the error told me to run fsck on it which made sense to me so I did. So now the SSD has a partition and a lost+found folder with some chunks in it but that's it! It's all gone! Luckily it was just the OS install, no big loss.

I also restored the partition table on my data drive and can see my data is safe. It's giving me the same error about running fsck but I"m scared to death to do it after what happened to my SSD. I'm currently using testdisk to copy it to a separate drive which is going fine. I'm sorry I don't have the exact error at the moment, I can get it once the copy is done.

Computer is a basic i5-650 desktop, 6GB ram. For services in OMV I'd gotten as far as SMB, docker and inside that sabnzbd, nzbhydra, transmission, radarr and sonarr. So I hadn't done anything exotic as far as setup. During one point early on I accidentally installed the LVS plugin but did not enable, configure or otherwise muck with it. I removed it prior to the reboot.

I'm open to any and all suggestions as yo what might have happened or at least where to start.

The irony is after the reboot I was going to setup backups of all the stuff I'm now rescuing. :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!