cpufreq doesn't work after changing power management config

• Hello,

cpufreq seems not to be working anymore after changing the config under power management -> power button.
    cpufreq-info says, cpufreq is not working.

Before applying the config, my boot log showed me this message:
    Oct 28 10:27:46 openmediavault kernel: [ 14.024251] powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N54L Dual-Core Processor processors (2 cpu cores) (version 2.20.00)
    Oct 28 10:27:46 openmediavault kernel: [ 14.024307] powernow-k8: 0 : pstate 0 (2200 MHz)
    Oct 28 10:27:46 openmediavault kernel: [ 14.024309] powernow-k8: 1 : pstate 1 (1900 MHz)
    Oct 28 10:27:46 openmediavault kernel: [ 14.024310] powernow-k8: 2 : pstate 2 (1600 MHz)
    Oct 28 10:27:46 openmediavault kernel: [ 14.024312] powernow-k8: 3 : pstate 3 (1300 MHz)
    Oct 28 10:27:46 openmediavault kernel: [ 14.024313] powernow-k8: 4 : pstate 4 (800 MHz)

Now, after a reboot the messages about the power states do not show up anymore.
    This problem is reproduceable. After reinstalling omv, everything works. If i change the power button config again, i get the same problem.
    Under /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0 should be files for cpufreq where i can see the powerstates. They are not there.

My question is, how do i repair this without reinstalling omv?
    I'm using the latest version of omv 0.5.
    Thanks in advance.

• Sry for the late answer- but I'm new here.

Pls check output

Code
    lsmod | grep powernow

- should return

Code
    powernow_k8            10962  0
    processor              29903  1 powernow_k8

or similar.

If not your module is not loaded on boot, too. Fix by adding line

Code
    powernow_k8

to /etc/modules right before the "loop" at the end of the file:

Code
    # /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
    #
    # This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
    # at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
    # Parameters can be specified after the module name.
    powernow_k8
    loop

Type

Code
    cpufreq-info

at prompt, should return a lot of info: powernow_k8 as loaded driver, as well as supported cpu speed levels.

• I encountered the same problem, described by otto80.
    After clean installation of OMV my system was using powernow_k8 CPU driver and 'conservative' governor.
    But after OMV configuration process those settings was disabled. I'm not sure, which operation disables frequency controll feature. I suppose that it was changed during the upgrading packages to newer version:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

Anyway... Now I'm restoring old settings.
    The /etc/default/cpufrequtils file in OMV contains the 'conservative' governor enabled by default:

Code
    ENABLE="true"
    GOVERNOR="conservative"
    MAX_SPEED="0"
    MIN_SPEED="0"

I added two lines to /etc/modules to enable missing modules:

Code
    powernow_k8
    cpufreq_conservative

But this configuration does not work as I expected. After reboot the system, the powernow_k8 CPU driver is properly used, but the governor is still switched to built-in 'ondemand' mode. To switch the governor to 'conservative' mode, I need restart the cpufreq service:

Code
    /etc/init.d/cpufrequtils restart

What I should do to enable 'conservative' governor at the system boot?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!