Old Hardware and Esata port multiplier help

• Hi All

I am complete newbe so I hope I have posted this in the correct forum

Two questions:
    1) I pulled out my Old HP EX470 and got OMV to install (Took Weeks to find the trick to get it on the network) anyway the EX470 Only see two drives and I am looking for a driver so OMV sees the other two drives. It would be huge if someone know a trick to make this work.

2) Another question is I have a server running WHS 2011 and want to convert it to OMV the issue is I can't find a driver for the Highpoint RocketRAID 62x SATA Controller. I have read a ton of stuff and tried to get this driver to work, But I failed. Is the another Raid card that will work? I have a Sans Dig 4bay box attached and need an Esata port multiplier.

Note: I have the backports installed also please note I am not a savvy guy when it comes to Debian. But I really want to learn

BTW OMV is a great product and I will definitely be donating.

• Mr Hill did you ever get it working. I finally get something to install on this thing and now its only recognizing 2 of my 4 drives. 3 of them are the same make/model so that fact that it recognizes 1 of those tell me that its at least not a HD driver problem.

(my main system drive is one model and my data drives 3*3TB are all the same model)

• Mr Hill I found a solution. You need to change a setting in the bios so youll need a way to display video. I made the cable but there are other options out there.
    Anywho change the setting for 4P(IDE)+4S(RAID) to 4P(IDE)+4S(IDE). Its under advance chipset features -> SIS Onchip PCI Device.

Another solution, thats beyond me, would be to find the driver for the onboard raid and somehow get it to recognize. Im to new to linux to even begin to know how to do this. Its already taken me a week to get this stupid ex475 to install something (tried freenas, Nas4free, amahi).

Now its time to figure out why this thing is shutting down on it own (I just bought it a week ago so there may be something defective in it).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!