Broken Raid 10

• Okay I have a copy of OpenMediaVault that's been running without issue for over a year. It is a decent processor 32Gb Ram, 4x4Tb HD, 1 x SSD and a seperate Boot Hard Drive.

Recently due to a broken fan, one of the hard disks shut down and dropped out of the Raid (Raid 10 incase it makes a difference), I've replaced the fan, and got everything up and running again, however when I add the Hard Drive back into the raid, it starts the recovery then at 21% it stops trying to add the drive and just marks it as removed "mdadm -D /dev/md0" gives the following

Note the device is marked as removed, and not failed or spare.

Thinking the disk could have failed I ran badblocks which gave it a clean bill of health. So then I ran fdisk to remove and partition information, so it should effectively be a clean disk, and tried again. I get exactly the same results.

Anybody got any ideas, on repairing the raid to full stength?

• Well I've tried zeroing the superblock on the effected drive, and unmounting the filesystem both with no effect.

I'm running out of options anybody any ideas on rebuilding this raid to full strength?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!