• I have installed and test the packages the past day's a several times. Before that I have read up about the project etc etc. The first time I installed the packages on a headless PowerPC Debian server, I was a bit surprised. Surprised on what the openmediavault.postinst script exactly does. Stopping a running Ssh service. If I did read well, the main target for OpenMediaVault are headless Debian servers, so stopping openssh by the post install got to be a mistake in the package design. Because what does a headless server do, without Ssh while you are installing?

Okay, okay ... in my case I was porting to PowerPC packages, and do some install tweaking because of missing apache 000-default settings file, but that does not matter the case in general.

Besides that, didn't you know it is not allowed changing the already installed services without asking the user by the ruling packaging policy? I was talking about the isseu in the dutch debian mailing list and they informed me.

http://www.debian.org/doc/debi…icy/ch-files.html#s10.7.3

You "...must not overwrite or otherwise mangle the user's configuration without asking..."

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!