How to change secure data drives ?

• Hi,

I use OMV 1.X.X now for a while with a small 250GB disk, just to test the system before I buy 2 or 4TB drives.

Works perfect ! Meanwhile I've some data ( movies a .s.o. ) on that drive. I want to move that data to the new drive(s) sometimes .

I don't want to loose the data so I think I've to install a new drive and copy the data to that new drive. I want to proceed as follows:

1. Install a new physical disk. 2. Create the same filesystem ( here ext4 ) on that drive. 3. Give that drive a lablename.

4. Add new shared folders on the new drive ( same names as on old data drive ).

5. At SMB/CIFS I add the shared folders from new drive. 6. I think then the /dev/sdx1 is automatically mounted ? !

6. Can copy then all data between the drives.

Now I want to unmount the old drive from the system. Last time when I tried this, it was a very critical mission ! ! I failed and coudn't get rid of that drive from the system , although when unpluged.

What is the correct sequence to unmount a SMB/CIFS data drive ( without erasing any data on it an leave the folders on it ), maybe to mount it sometimes again and to access again the data on it.

• willri, don't you know how to check your messages on the forum???

1 undo the samba share
    2 undo the shared folder
    3 unmount the filesystem
    4 if it does not unmount figure out what service is still using it and undo it
    5 do 3 again, and 4 again if necessary, until it is unmouted.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!