Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

• This motherboard has a Realtek NIC built in and the r8169 driver doesn't work with it and therefore during the install it won't install the network. After doing some searching everyone is suggesting that the 8168 driver be used instead. However all I can find is the source code for it and after days of tweaking on the files I still can't get it to compile. This is an AMD 64 bit machine. Anyone have a suggestion on getting this driver to compile on the OMV install? I've upgraded the kernel to 3.2 using backports and the server is solid, but the driver doesn't exist there either. Does anyone have the r8168.ko file available anywhere I can't even find it online.

I've installed the kernel headers and source and even created a symbolic link called build under /lib/modules/<ver> but it seems not all the files are under that directory structure.

I do have an open PCI slot so if someone can recommend a decent gigabit ethernet card that works with the standard install, that would be an acceptable solution as well.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I know this is the hardware section but I didn't see a better place to post this.

Snaggs

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!