how best to structure tree data folders?

• Regards,
    First of all, sorry if I write something stupid, I am translating with google. Also, I have a very shallow knowledge of linux, still enough to venture into riding my own NAS, and just entering this venture with OMV.

Anyway, I managed to assemble and maintain for a week a functional server!

After creating several share folders disorderly, playing with plugins, I wondered if it would be interesting to create a well organized directory tree for data discs, which facilitates the administration, and establish synergy between plugins.

So far, I imagined the structure that follows below, considering the smb plugins, ftp, transmission, plex and antivirus.

One of the problems I encountered was when I tried to create a share by FTP to a user (to work as admin) that allows the root of the data HD. it took several errors.
    maybe if I point to the system folder and date function ... I will still try it.
    Anyway, I wonder what you think of this structure, or know any better, even considering other plugins I have not mentioned, as owncloud, gauge, downloader, etc.

I thank opinions

/system (shared with admin by ftp)
    /system/antivirusQuarantineFolder
    /system/plexDatabaseFolder
    /system/anyOtherPluginDatabaseFolder

/data (shared with admin by ftp)
    /data/usersData/anyUser/
    /data/usersData/anyUser/homeUserFolder (??? I ask if exist any way to define quota here ???)
    /data/usersData/anyUser/sharedUserFolder (shared with owner user by ftp and smb)
    /data/usersData/anyUser/btsync
    /data/usersData/anyUser/btsync/anySyncFolder (folder for each sync demmmanded by the user)
    /data/usersData/anyUser/btsync/backupMobilePhotosFolder (shared with owner user by ftp and smb, also assigned to plex)
    /data/transmission
    /data/transmission/completeDownloadedFolder (also assigned to plex)
    /data/transmission/downloadingFolder
    /data/transmission/watchFolder (also shared with btsync/ftp/smb to the users allowed to start a torrent)
    /data/transmission/moderatedWatchFolder (also shared with btsync/ftp/smb to the users allowed to request a torrent and to the moderator, who should evaluate the request)

Thanks PSid

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!