major plex problems

• So ive been setting up my omv on my new system over the past few days and installed the extras plugins to get plex. I initially installed it without problems, but something happened when i tried some initial configurations which resulted in errors. I uninstalled the plugin, tried to reinstall but got an error, and now its stuck in a loop type action where it is trying to start the plug in but i cant get out of it. The close button is shaded out and i keep getting the "failed to get configuration (xpath=//service/plexmediaserver). Dont even know where to begin resolving this

• I went to the command line and performed the uninstall command you suggested. Im not sure it totally worked because at the end of the command line, i see this:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package userdel
    E: Unable to locate package plex

yet plex still shows up as a service. I went through the webgui and tried as well. seems it cant uninstall.

Error
    #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration
    (xpath=//services/plexmediaserver)' in
    /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/plexmediaserver.inc:61
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]:
    OMVRpcServicePlexMediaServer->getSettings(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125):
    call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79):
    OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getSettings', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('PlexMediaServer',
    'getSettings', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

• Try this and then try to reinstall the plugin.
    Go through this list:
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get --purge remove plexmediaserver
    userdel plex

Then try to reinstall the plugin.

• is there a quick way i can check for that? The drive i use for storage was brand new. All i did was connect it after i installed the os on the main drive. I remember linux needs FAT, but in the webgui when i added the new file system under storage, i just gave it a name called media drive and kept it as EXT4. Thanks for your help btw.

• hey tek

So i cant quite explain it but i think i received those errors for no reason. I was able to set up the plex share and open up with the web interface button in the plug in window and it took me to the plex interface, no problem. Things seem to be working for now. I bought a pentium G3220. I decided it over AMD equivalents. I want to say someone recommended this cpu for a NAS settup. It seems to be doing what i need it to do.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!