mod_rewrite problem

• Hey, I'm hoping someone can help, cos I'm stumped :( I'm trying to install newznab, follwing the guide here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/12028…-your-own-usenet-indexer/

Things have gone pretty well, with newznab installed into a folder under Document root, as defined in the website plugin. In my case this is:

/media/eb8e5130-9f1c-44e4-80d5-ac866173ca26/Removable_1tb/Webserver

note: I haven't set up newznab exactly as per the instructions, but simply as a folder in my webserver folder.

I've had the webserver with PHP and mySQL up and running for some months now, with no problems. So, when I run the preflight check for newznab everything shows ok, except for mod_rewrite, which it says is not not enabled. I've done my best to get it working, but to no avail.

The one error message I have in my webserver log right now is:

Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /media/eb8e5130-9f1c-44e4-80d5-ac866173ca26/Removable_1tb/Webserver/newznab/www/index.php

I can give more details if anyone is willing to help :)

• I should add that if I ignore this warning in newzgrab I can proceed to configure the system, which works up to a point, but then fails as some URLs are not found, which I must assume is caused by the lack of mod_rewrite..

• ok,

so i'm a nooob when it comes to mod_rewrite, but I got this figured out, finally.

After a good night's sleep, with a clear head, I did some logical troubleshooting and figured out that while .html files were being rewritten ok, php files were not.

So,in my zzz-omv-website-vhost file I had to change the FilesMatch section to:

Code
    <FilesMatch \.php$>
      FcgidWrapper /var/www/omv-website-vhost/php-fcgi .php
     # Options ExecCGI
     Options ExecCGI +Indexes +FollowSymLinks +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +Includes -MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
      SetHandler fcgid-script
     </FilesMatch>

Obviously before this was set up properly, any rules I was applying were not being applied to PHP files. Now it all works great :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!