VirtualBox Web Issue

• Hi everyone,

Have a bit of an oddity here. Running OMV4, and VirtualBox Plugin 4.1.2 ...

Was playing around last night, adding Docker Plex and all of a sudden after a reboot OMV decided that it couldn't talk to the phpVirtualBox web interface.
    (Have also been reconfiguring quite a bit, removing a snapraid setup I didn't fully trust in favor of an md raid array for some files that change too often/near continuously, setting up system backups, making netatalk shares for backing up some macs, etc... all the usual things on a relatively new system.)
    Same thing with the phpVirtualbox web interface directly -- it accepts a login and then says it can't talk to vboxwebsrv.

Meanwhile the virtual machine *IS* running normally and starts after boot.

Found an ancient thread here that talked about how to purge all of the VirtualBox packages, delete leftover directories for cache and such, reboot and reinstall... wasn't for OMV4 I don't think, but with a Debian background, nothing seemed too destructive or dangerous. At least with good packages...)

Same problem but not during this particular "initial" install. Right at initial install one can access the phpVirtualBox interface and in my case, re-import/set up the one VM I have in OMV/VirtualBox.
    Reboot, suddenly the web server isn't on speaking terms with OMV again. Ha.

Tech specs: OMV 4, installed on top of Debian Stretch, with backports on (that last part may have been a mistake with OMV? Not sure.)

Long time Linux admin here, but don't know the architecture of OMV very well. Not even completely sure where OMV hides is logs for things it starts up, etc. /var/log/openmediavault is empty -- that's annoying... standard locations are nice for things in *nix. This "feels" like OMV is somehow confused about the state of the VirtualBox setup it created, but not quite sure why. Dug around more and found the daemon log...

Last thing in it this morning when I rebooted and the VirtualBox machine came up but OMV and the phpVirtualBox can't display it is this:

Hints/tips on how to debug this one, appreciated!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!