Inactive raid?

• Hi Guys
    I've had my Raid 5 setup running for around a week now, everythings running as sweet as a nut and I've had no issues.
    Until tonight.

First I noticed my RasPi wouldn't connect to any of the films.
    Had a look in OMV shares are there, Thats weird.

So I decided to reboot the machine.
    Tried to mount the shares on my linux laptop, Permission errors... Weird.

Deleted the shares in NFS and SMB
    Clicked the share in SHARED FOLDERS, that UUID looks wrong, Checked raid management... Gone.
    Checked the drives, all drives are showing however in raid managment its totally blank

I saw this command to show your MD, and sure enough MD127 there it is.

Code
    root@OMV:/dev# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10] 
    md127 : inactive sdd[0](S) sdc[4](S) sdb[3](S) sdf[2](S) sde[1](S)
          9767567800 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>
    root@OMV:/dev#

Inactive? What? Why and how can I get it back. Otherwise I just lost 4TB of data. Nothing hugely important, but not stuff I want to download again!

Can anyone help?

• Just an update, I did a Dmesg yesterday that pulled errors mentioning RAID from log files.

It mentioned the raid had failed

Edit:
    I get the feeling that my dogs may have run into the side of the server and knocked something loose?
    I powered down and checked all connectors, Powered back up.

• Anyone out there? I'm feeling pretty desperate for help. Even tried #debian but they basically told me where to stick it.
    Feel like I may just have to try a bunch of random commands I've found on the net.
    Dont know what they do but I'm stuck!

• Lock the topic. Fixed.
    Will post my fix now.

I logged back into Open Media Vault... and there is the raid... and there is the data.
    Overjoyed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!