how to make OMV LUN wizard see a partition

• Hello,
    My configuration is: hardware LSI RAID 10 6x4Tb SATA. When I boot OMV, everything seems to be OK, I can see the RAID storage as a 10.9 Tb disk /dev/sda. OMV resides on /dev/sdb. All I need now is to part the storage to (let's say) 2 logical disks, create 2 iSCSI LUNs for them and connect to varios locations. But when I open LUN wizard, it suggests to create just one LUN from the whole /dev/sda. How to make OMV LUN wizard see a logical partitiom instead of the whole block device? OMV iscsitarget's version is 0.5.5

• Hi hEromant,

Which LSI RAID controller are you using? I use the 9260-8i in my OMV setup. This is what I would do. To create 2 iSCSI partitions from the RAID 10 you will need to reboot your machine and launch the WebBIOS utility ( Ctrl + H ) Delete the virtual drive you created with the size 10.9 TB. Create a new configuration with the drive group to include your 6 drives and make it a RAID 10. When you are ready to create the virtual drives, specify the size you want to use. In your case let's use half of the free space of 5 TB and save. Then press back and create another virtual drive of the same size or use the remaining free space. Save your changes and reboot. OMV should now see 2 x 5TB unused drives that you can use as iSCSI block devices. I assume that is what you are trying to accomplish. If not, can you clarify a little more on what you want to do?

• shadowzero,
    thanks for a reply! I use LSI LOGIC MegaRAID SAS 9240-8i. I was wondering if it's possible to create logical partitions via parted utility? But I didn't know I can use one virtual group to handle two or more virtual disks. Thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!