owncloud in openmediavault webserver not accessible

• Hello everybody,
    I have installed owncloud within the openmediavault webserver (/var/www/openmediavault/owncloud/)

I did not use the plugin but did so manually because I wanted to use the latest 6.0 version of owncloud.

This setup used to run fine, but since a couple of days, apps can no longer connect to owncloud (owncloud news android app, cloudii android app). Webinterface is still working fine.

I tried to debug via REST client. When I send Basic Authentication headers to the owncloud adress (https://myname.somedynamicdnsprovider.com/ownlcoud) I can see from the answer that openmediavault webinterface is answering the request.

So probably somehow the request which is supposedly aimed at the subfolder is redirected to the root folder.

Could this be solved by altering some configuration of the apache webserver or changing some parameters in the .htaccess file?

the .htaccess file residing in the owncloud subfolder contains the followin mod_redirect information:

Apache Configuration
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
    RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta.json /public.php?service=host-meta-json [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav/ [R]
    RewriteRule ^.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav/ [R]
    RewriteRule ^apps/calendar/caldav.php remote.php/caldav/ [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^apps/contacts/carddav.php remote.php/carddav/ [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^apps/([^/])/(..(php))$ index.php?app=$1&getfile=$2 [QSA,L]
    RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
  • I solved the problem but don't really understand why.

In case anyone is interested:

I created a file "owncloud" in the "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled" directory with the following content:

Code
    Alias /owncloud "/var/www/openmediavault/owncloud"
    <Directory "/var/www/openmediavault/owncloud/">
       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
       AllowOverride All
       Order allow,deny
       allow from all
    </Directory>

after restarting apache all is working as usual. Seems to me like the alias was missing but I don't really understand it. If anyone wants to explain this to me, I'd be glad :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!