Always loose Raid after Reboot of Hyper-V Host

• Hi.

First hello to all, again 1 more new member here. :)

I have a problem. I have a Hyper-V host 2012 R2. On this I have installed OMV in a VM, that works fine. For the data I have 2 4TB WD Red drives. To use them directly within OMV, I switched them to OFFLINE in the hyper-v host windows system, and in the settings of the OMV-VM I attached these two disks at the SCSI-Controller as direct drives.

When I start OMV, I can see both disks under "Real disks". I go to the RAID section and built a Mirror-Raid. When this is finished I can see the RAID and can put the Partition with EXT4 on it. All works fine. I can make folders on it, and I can put files on it.

When I just reboot the OMV-VM also no problems, everything is fine.

BUT: When I turn off the whole host and start it again, and then start the OMV-VM then I always loose my RAID. It is gone. The disks are still there under the real disks. Can anybody say why???

Thanks a lot.

Regards lulu

• Hi again.

To check if the error is within the hyper-v system of Windows I installed Nas4Free in a VM for a test. Then I did the same to bring the disks into the VM-system and here I have no problems. I can shutdown the host and boot it again, boot the VM and the raid is still fine.

Then I changed all back to OMV but still the same, after reboot of the host the raid within the OMV-VM is gone.

Debian problem?

Regards lulu

• Hi.

As most of the time in my case it was my user mistake. I dont know what happened, but the host always put one disk of the 2 disks for the raid in an unknown state after boot. So I was able to fix that. And now my raid works fine also after a reboot of the host.

We will see what happens next.... :)

Regards lulu

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!