How to move OMV, setting up SAB and other noob questions

• Kega, with virtualbox all you have to do is install the plugin. Then you can login at https://iporyouromv.com/virtualbox/ With MYSQL if you are not sure what you are doing try to wait for this. Play with Virtualbox and figure out how setup a omv virtual machine. You can practice on that. Also, you can try to wait and see if we ever get the greywhole plugin updated as that will install MySQL for you.

• Zitat von "stevepa"

While I have VB installed in Linux and Win7, I prefer to use it on the Win7 host.

I have other plugins listed in OMV, but VB is not one of them. Not sure why.

Good luck with Linux!
    Steve.

Thanks.. I'm trying my best, but I don't think Linux want's to be my friend :)

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Virtualbox uses a file as well. The plugin just wants to know where to put those files.

Thanks. I was just unsure and didn't what to lose any data.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Kega, with virtualbox all you have to do is install the plugin. Then you can login at https://iporyouromv.com/virtualbox/ With MYSQL if you are not sure what you are doing try to wait for this. Play with Virtualbox and figure out how setup a omv virtual machine. You can practice on that. Also, you can try to wait and see if we ever get the greywhole plugin updated as that will install MySQL for you.

When I got my head thinking I had no problem getting VirtualBox to work. And it awesome to sit and test stuff before doing anything to the main OMV. So thanks for that idea.

But at this moment I'm unsure where my hat of hate should be thrown: debian, linux, omv, mysql or just in the air of sheer frustration. Because, in my virtual machine virtually every thing works as I wan't it to. I can install mysql with out any problems (but for some unknown reason can't change it's god damn ip) - but my main omv bugs out every single time i try and install it. Which for me is annoying to say the least :)
    The virtual and non-virtual machine is setup to match each other - OMV v. 0.3.7.1, the same plugins are installed and done in the same order. I have tried to purge mysql from both machines, still makes no difference - installs on 1 but not the other.

The error I get on my main machine.

And greyhole fails horribly on my virtual machine, so don't really want to install it on my main :(
    Am I just unlucky or is this normal? Just saw that I can upgrade omv to 0.4.x on the blog, should I do that? Should I put my head into the plugin forum again, and hope someone has the answer - thinking mysql questions are better asked there, correct?

Sorry for all the questions, hate to do it. But my google searches aren't giving me much help :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!