installation OpenMediavault on the CF card. Voyage linux

• Установка OpenmediaVault на CF-карту с системой voyage linux (Debian) read-only

Проверено на версии OMV (2.6.3) Скачиваем и устанавливаем дистрибутив Voyage linux ( http://linux.voyage.hk/ ) после установки перезагружаемся и заходим в систему
    voyage login: root
    Password: voyage

делаем систему для записи
    /usr/local/sbin/remountrw

добавляем репозиторий OpenMediavault '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list'
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ ix main binary-i386

для OpenMediaVault 0.3 версии
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ omnius main
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring
    apt-get install postfix
    apt-get install locales (для версии 0.3)
    dpkg-reconfigure locales

указать локали 179 и 343
    apt-get install openmediavault

перезагружаемся и возвращаем систему обратно только для чтения remountrw заходим в WebGUI OpenMediaVault и включаем доступ по SSH затем опять заходим по ssh и меняем файл '/etc/default/voyage-util'
    # Defaults for voyage-util initscript
    # sourced by /etc/init.d/voyage-util
    # installed at /etc/default/voyage-util by the maintainer scripts

#
    # This is a POSIX shell fragment
    #

# Additional options that are passed to the Daemon.
    DAEMON_OPTS=""

# set it to YES to enable LEDS for WRAP/ALIX, NO to disable
    VOYAGE_LEDS="YES"

# Apart from /var/tmp and /var/log, add extra directories to allow read-write.
    # It is a space-separated list of directories for holding updates of files in
    # the directory by tmpfs/aufs/unionfs and sync back to disk before reboot.
    # List directories without leading slash!
    VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS="var/lib etc/openmediavault etc/samba"

# set it to YES to enable recovery of directories after a power failure
    VOYAGE_SYNC_RECOVER="NO"

# set this if you whish only selected directories to be recovered after a power failure
    # VOYAGE_SYNC_RECOVER is also needed
    VOYAGE_SYNC_RECOVER_DIRS=""

# Similar to VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS, a space-separated list of directories to allow
    # read-write, but do not support sync back
    VOYAGE_RW_DIRS=""

# set unionfs type for writable directory. Support tmp, unionfs and aufs. i
    # Default is tmpfs
    #VOYAGE_UNIONFS=unionfs

# set VOYAGE_SAVE_DATE_TIME to "YES" to enable saving date time before reboot
    # and restore saved time after reboot.
    #VOYAGE_SAVE_DATE_TIME="YES"

• Может как раз создать Embeded систему на базе Voyage linux?
    Плюсов полно: debian основа, может работать с флешки и спокойно обновляться, свежее ядро linux.
    votdev что скажешь на это? у меня уже работает такая связка!

• I put a google. will be the same as you do translate through google. kept the original for a more accurate translation, did not spread in broken English. :roll:

• Installing OpenmediaVault on CF-card system voyage linux (Debian) read-only

Tested on version OMV (2.6.3) Download and install the distribution Voyage linux (http://linux.voyage.hk/) after the installation reboot and go into the system
    http://mirror.voyage.hk/download/ISO/ 64 bit is in the folder amd64

Code
    voyage login: root
    Password: voyage

make a system for recording

Code
    /usr/local/sbin/remountrw

Installing Voyage Linux

Code
    /usr/local/sbin/format-cf.sh /dev/sda(b,c,d)
    mkdir /tmp/cf
    mkdir /tmp/root
    mount -o loop /live/image/live/filesystem.squashfs /tmp/root
    /usr/local/sbin/voyage.update

add repository OpenMediavault '/ etc / apt / sources.list.d / openmediavault.list'

Code
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ ix main binary-i386

for OpenMediaVault 0.3 version

Code

apt-get update
    apt-get install postfix
    apt-get install locales (для версии 0.3)
    dpkg-reconfigure locales
    specify the locale, 179 and 343
    reboot and return the system back to a read-only remountrw go in WebGUI OpenMediaVault and turn on SSH access then go back to ssh and change the file '/ etc / default / voyage-util'

*To draw graphs edit /usr/sbin/omv-mkgraph

Code
    DATA="var/log/collectd/rrd/localhost"

*/etc/collectd/collectd.conf

Code
    DataDir "/var/log/collectd/rrd"

*/etc/collectd/collection.conf

Code
    datadir "/var/log/collectd/rrd"

*/etc/monit/monitrc

Code
    set statefile /var/log/monit.state

translated with Google

• Thanks for you guide.

Could you please state which version of Voyage Linux you are using. The newest version is using linux kernel 3. If I use this I can't get it to work, so could please tell me which version of Voyage you use.

• using a Voyage-8.5 kernel is 3.2.17. What you can not?
    added a little guidance. added fix for drawing graphs. Without these patches nor any charts! :evil:
    also added direct links to download Voyage Linux, but difficult to find a 64 bit version.

• Thanks for you help.

If I try to use the current Voyage version (0.85) everything goes fine until I try to install openmediavault. Then this error pops up:

root@voyage:~# apt-get install openmediavault
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault : Depends: php5-pam but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: scponly but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I suspect it has something to do with the sourceslist - what do you have in here. In mine I have the following:

deb http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

Thanks

• OK, Finally I managed to install OMV 0.3.18 on Voyage Linux. I made the following observations and changes to the original procedure;

You need to use version Voyage Linux version 0.85 Live CD.

make this file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    which contain this line

Then:
    apt-get update
    apt-get install postfix
    apt-get install locales
    .................. I skipped this part: dpkg-reconfigure locales
    ...................I skipped this part: specify the locale, 179 and 343

Reboot and return the system back to read-write by typing : remountrw
    Then go in WebGUI OpenMediaVault and turn on SSH access (or start the SSH server manually, by /etc/init.d/SSH start)

Then via WinSCP or nano or by ssh and change the file '/etc/default/voyage-util'
    So the line VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS="" should be changed into: (OBS different from the original post, otherwise I couldn't login via webgui)
    VOYAGE_SYNC_DIRS="var/lib etc/openmediavault etc/samba usr/share/php/openmediavault"

Now it starts, but Voyage linux will not start in read-only mode because "mount is busy" and therefore operates in read-write mode - which is not what we want, because it will tear down the CF-card very rapidly.
    It turned out that we need to stop the anachron service, then go into read-only mode, and then restart the anachron service.
    Therefore I made a script that stops anachron at startup, go into read-only mode and restarts anachron:

You need to make this file: "etc/init.d/restart_anacron"

The content of this file is:
    #!/bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO
    # Provides: restart anacron
    # Required-Start: $remote_fs $syslog $time
    # Required-Stop: $remote_fs $syslog $time
    # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
    # Default-Stop: 0 1 6
    # Short-Description: Stops and Restarts anac(h)ronistic cron
    ### END INIT INFO
    # /etc/init.d/anacron: start anacron
    #

echo "Stop anacron and then sleep 2"
    /etc/init.d/anacron stop
    sleep 2
    echo "try to remount as read only"
    /usr/local/sbin/remountro
    sleep 2
    echo "Start anacron again"
    sleep 2
    /etc/init.d/anacron start

Then
    update-rc.d restart_anacron defaults

• you've done what I have not had time. I congratulate a great job. recording on CF was minimal, so I started rebuilding the kernel (it is clipped it turned out).

• Hi arturmon

How are you doing, did you succeed in rebuilding your own kernel, and are you able to run in read-only mode (no writing to the CF-card)?

Here at my end OMV seems to run very good it has been running without any problems for more than 4 days, without a reboot (in read only mode).
    I have also installed Logitech Mediaserver on the CF-card and it seems also to be fine in read-only mode.

It would be nice if someone could make a simple OMV plugin for Voyage Linux, so that we could change the mode from "read-write mode" to "read-only mode" by just pressing a button in OMV webgui (The command is remountro = "read only" and remountrw = "read-write mode"), because if you want to change anything like Samba, add a new user or add a new drive, we off-course need to be able to save these changes, therefore, you need to go into read-write mode to save, and then again into read-only mode

• if you knew how, long ago wrote a plugin to switch modes. :)

• Zitat von "arturmon"

if you knew how, long ago wrote a plugin to switch modes. :)

[/quote]

Hi do you mean that you already have written such a plugin - then I would love to try it.
    Or do you mean that you think it will difficult because it is a long time ago you tried to write a plugin (sorry English is not my native language)- I hope that you willl try.

• Zitat von "sbp"

Hi do you mean that you already have written such a plugin - then I would love to try it.
    Or do you mean that you think it will difficult because it is a long time ago you tried to write a plugin (sorry English is not my native language)- I hope that you willl try.[/quote]

английский тоже не мой родной язык. как писать плагины для OMV я к сожалению не знаю. может кто другой знает )
    English is also not my native language. how to write plugins for OMV, I unfortunately do not know. can anyone else knows)

• hi guys,

i am really excited about your approach to save flash memory lifetime using voyage linux. it takes a little more time to set up the system but it works. and even the newer kernel makes my server consuming less energy. great work. it would be perfect if somebody who knows how to do it could write a r/w plugin for omv to allow full control by the webgui.

maybe the idea of using a r/o filesystem could influence the whole development of openmediavault. would be nice to know what the developer thinks about it.

thank you very much and keep up the outstanding work

peter

hardware
    intel-board D945GCLF2, 2gb ram
    1 pci 3-port sata-controler
    1 hdd 2tb wd20npvx-00e

• while setting up omv on voyage linux i tried to enable nfs file services. after clicking ok on both pages (nfs settings page and nfs shares page) i get the following error message in the webgui:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; sudo update-rc.d 'nfs-kernel-server' enable 2>&1': update-rc.d: error: no runlevel symlinks to modify, aborting! update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

clicking the show details button tells me:

of course voyage system is mounted in r/w mode. after investigating i found out it has to do with starting/restarting the nfs-kernel-server. when i use the command /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server restart in a ssh shell on my server i can see the shares but by the webgui it does not work properly. maybe somebody has a clue what to do to make it work from the webgui and get rid of the error message.

thanks and greetings

peter

hardware
    1 hdd 2tb wd20npvx-00e

• it is really strange, after several reboots it seems the problem went away. i am now able to enable/disable the nfs server from the webgui when the file system is mounted r/w. i have no idea what the problem was. anyway...

another thing i found out today is that after boot the file system is not getting remounted r/o. it stays r/w and i have to access the system via ssh manually calling remountro. i followed all steps of the given howto in this thread but it seems something prevents execution of restart_anacron during boot up or something prevents the remountro command at boot time. still have to find out what it is.

greetings

peter

hardware
    1 hdd 2tb wd20npvx-00e

• Из плюсов вижу : новое ядро, вся система установлена R/O (если настроенно), занимает мало места.
    по поводу перевода корня R/O, у меня получился несколько другой скрипт так как пришлось перезапускать побольше служб. Но пока решил оставить корень rw интересно сколько проживет CF в таком состоянии.
    про настройку NFS не подскажу почему так получилось но думаю это тонкости Voyage linux надо на их сайте смотреть.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!