Initial SnapRAID sync fails

• Install Midnight Commander on OMV
    apt-get install mc
    in Webgui just mount the drives
    over ssh or console; start mc navigate to each /media/uuid/ on right side and on left side > source and dest. then F6 to move.
    or use mv on console
    or whith Plugin: mount 1 empty ext4 drive make a shared folder then install USB-Backup Plugin and configure it to synchronise from ntfs drive to shared folder then Start Job

yes it can copy not only from USB also from internal mounted drives

Copy most data to largest drive under Windows,
    you can also copy over SMB or FTP to your OMV.

OMV 2.1.19 | SnapRaid/MHDDFS | 5x4TB Seagate NAS(Daten)+2x4TB Toshiba(Parity) | G3250/Z87/8GB

• Today's Progress:
    I managed to get my Parity drive and 2 internal Data drives converted to ext4.
    The only hiccup I had was that I had to shutdown my VM to delete the ntfs volumes before formatting them to ext4.

SnapRaid is currently doing a sync, 24 hours to go....
    I was able to leave my external drive as ntfs, which will be removed from the setup when I transfer the virtual machine to real hardware.

While I'm waiting will it hurt anything to enable the pool and turn on sharing so I can access some of my media while I wait?
    Also I am having trouble finding information on how to setup a cron job or scheduled job to do the sync? Also what is a scrub?
    This link has a link to a github with a sync script, but no instructions on how to use it. It also looks like it's for a specific setup.
    http://forums.openmediavault.o…04-HowTo-SnapRAID-in-OMV/

So how often do I need to sync and scrub or whatever else snapraid needs?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!