[Close] - WebGui and Service stop working

• Jb, I'm surprised I didn't notice your system disk was full. you need to watch it closely with df -h and try to find out what is filling it up. there is probably a log file that is growing like crazy with errors. At this point do this:

apt-get remove openmediavault
    apt-get install openmediavault

get to the problem of the erros or this will happen again. you are going to have empty the log file if it's a log file going crazy.
    you know how to use this command to see file size:

ls -al

go into /var/log and see if any file is really big files or folders. find the pig. i had issue with log file once growing out of control with php errors and had to
    adjust my location parameter in the webgui. check your system hard disk space from time to time and if you seeing it going up a lot you know there is a
    problem. say it is 10% full one day and next day you check it with df -h and it is 15%. you have to ask wth???

• For the log i check and for me it's ok

For the remove i have some error

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• Always the same

root@NAS:/var/log# df -h
      Sys. de fichiers Taille Uti. Disp. Uti% Monté sur
      /dev/sdi1 71G 69G 0 100% /
      tmpfs 3,9G 0 3,9G 0% /lib/init/rw
      udev 3,9G 228K 3,9G 1% /dev
      tmpfs 3,9G 0 3,9G 0% /dev/shm
      /dev/md126 917G 773G 98G 89% /media/5a684acb-59c7-46bc-9110-edd77a9bf2de
      /dev/md127 5,4T 2,4T 2,8T 46% /media/2f34f888-6464-481e-8942-6cf39e8aeeef
      /dev/sdh1 187G 101G 77G 57% /media/e61cfe7d-071f-4190-9143-6fc0a6e31ca6
      tmpfs 3,9G 32K 3,9G 1% /tmp

I have no problem to make a install so my system can't b full.

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• This is not going to work. You will get same problems. It's best to reinstall and be careful this time to watch your disk for it's use not growing normal. Something was not running right or perhaps an error on doing an rsync job or cp command. something happened. clean it up and call it a learning experience. don't get disappointed. remember you learn from mistakes.

TekkB

PS- before you wipe disk look for what is taking so much space. try to find what caused problem so it doesn't happen again.

• thank you

I will try to give more information if i have same problem later.
    If you can give the link to make a backup, i'm very interesting to do that.
    Thanks

• Damn, I fell into this same pitfall today!
    A rsync job was run without a disk properly mounted... my /dev/sda got full... when I noticed it was too late... config lost... exception in WebGui.
    I'm sad because I did a lot of configuration tweaks in OMV :(
    But I'll rebuild from scratch again. No sleep tonight.

• Sorry man, it happens. When you get stuff just right make sure you make an image with Clonezilla so you don't have to start from scratch again. I upgraded my kernel to backports not long ago and imaged my system drive before I did. Hard lesson to learn. But you get better when you make these mistakes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!