SMART Test Results

• Hey all.

I have three WD RED 2 TB drives in my server and two of them have completed their first smart tests. I've never looked into Smart tests or used the data in the past so this is kind of new to me. The results are as follows:

Drive | Test Description | Status | Remaining | Lifetime | LBA of first error
    SDC | Short Offline | Completed without error | 00% | 19 | -
    SDD | Short Offline | Completed without error | 00% | 65 | -

What does Remaining mean and I'm assuming Lifetime refers to the lifetime of the disk. Is this in days or months? For being brand new drives I would hope these number are incorrect regardless of weather the lifetime is in months - and especially if its in days! That's a very short lifespan considering they are from different batches. The third drive will begin its smart test at 1700 local time (I've set them to be tested one hour apart from each other). I'll be waiting to see what it says.

• Zitat von "sapper"

What does Remaining mean and I'm assuming Lifetime refers to the lifetime of the disk. Is this in days or months?

The Remaining actually indicates the percentage of disc space still needs to be tested. S.M.A.R.T. self-test can be run in the background, and you can view the result periodically to see its progress.

The LifeTime field indicates how many hours the drive has been powered on.

OpenMediaVault 7.0.4-2 (Sandworm) :thumbup:
    HARDWARE: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2 | SYSTEM: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) aarch64

KERNEL: Linux 6.1.21-v8+ | PROCESSOR: BCM2835 (4) @ 1.500GHz | MEMORY: 4GB | STORAGE: MicroSD 60GB + HDD 6TB
    PLUGINS: nut, omvextrasorg, backup, compose, cputemp, flashmemory, kernel, remotemount, sharerootfs

DOCKER: nginx proxy manager, pi-hole, wireguard, transmission

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!