Some strage drive problem

• Take a look to my drives. The fist one is missing, because it makes lot of errors so that the Server can't boot. I had to dele it in the over the cli in the fsd. But afther an succesfully boot it is still there and i can't deleet it. The drive with the name FD is not availeble over OMV, it is not present in the list of drives....?!?

Any ideas whats goes here wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Take a look to my drives. The fist one is missing, because it makes lot of errors so that the Server can't boot. I had to dele it in the over the cli in the fsd. But afther an succesfully boot it is still there and i can't deleet it. The drive with the name FD is not availeble over OMV, it is not present in the list of drives....?!?
    Any ideas whats goes here wrong?

The first missing drive:
    If you look where it says Referenziet - Ja that means something is still attached to the drive. It may be a freigegebene Ordner. Look under Zugriffsrechteverwaltung, freigegebene Ordner
    Look at the freigegebene Ordner tab. If there is a shared folder that with a device named - "Base" delete it. Then go back to file systems,to try to unmount and delete the drive.

It appears the drive FD is not referenced. It may be possible to unmount it and delete it, in the file systems page.

What goes wrong?

When drives are added to OMV, setting them up for use is a process.
    1. Physically add a drive - create a file system
    2. Mount the drive
    3. Create shared folders
    4. Samba shares
    5. Rsync, etc., etc.

To keep things straight the above process must be reversed, to remove the drive from OMV.

5. Delete all Rsync Jobs (for the drive)
    4. Delete Samba shares (on the drive)
    3. Delete Shared Folders (on the drive)
    (after checking to see that the drive is NOT referenced in file systems - Referenziert - Nein)
    2. Unmount the drive
    1. Physically remove the drive or rebuild it.

When users do not reverse the creation process, and use the command line to bypass delete processes all the way to "unmount", OMV can not keep track of what is going on. So OMV reports errors because its database is no longer consistent.

Command line bypasses can "break" the OMV GUI.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If "FD" was a physical drive, is unmounted, and not longer has a file system (the file system was deleted):

Recreate it.

Go to Physical Disks and wipe the drive. (Wiping a drive should be done before creating a new file system.)
    Go to File systems and Create. (Ext4, BTRFS, etc.)
    Mount the new file system.

You know what to do from there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can´t wipe the whole disk, is an ssd and the fist partition is /.

If i´m do not see the disk over the file systems menü. Any ideas?

I don't understand. Why can't you wipe the disk?

If the disk is listed in Physical Disks, wipe(ing) won't hurt it.
    While I don't use them, SSD's work like regular drives. After the disk is wiped, it should be in File Systems.

• "Why can't you wipe the disk?" Because this disk is also my System disk (OMV).

Under phisikal disks is the drive still there, but not under file systems. It wars a patition from an SSD. The system is still there but not the second partition?!?

• Offizieller Beitrag

"Why can't you wipe the disk?" Because this disk is also my System disk (OMV).

Under phisikal disks is the drive still there, but not under file systems. It wars a patition from an SSD. The system is still there but not the second partition?!?

OK, I understand now. You have two partitions on the SSD, one is bootable with OMV on it, and another partition that used to be there - but seems to have disappeared?

If that's the case, Gparted might be what you want to try. You can get it here. - > Gparted

Boot up on the live Gparted CD. When the window pops up, your first partition should be OMV (how big did you make it?). There may also be an extended partition (dev/sda2) with a swap file. (**Leave these OMV partitions alone.**)

Other than the partitions above;
    There may be another partition there, or you might have unallocated space. Either way, you can set the another partition from unallocated space, or reformat the partition. (Again, leave these OMV partitions alone.)

BTW: As a matter of good practice, it's best to dedicate the entire boot drive to OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!