Need help getting PiHole to work

• Hello,
    I am hoping someone may be able to assist me. Been trying for 2 days now to get PiHole to work. I watched and re-watched what Technodadlife did in his video and tried his method 3 or 4 times. I then moved to these OMV forums and there was a guide fron a few weeks ago in there, so i tried it like 3 times today (each time i retry i delete the container, plugin, and created network) and still cannot get it to work. after following the directions then waiting 5 minutes here are the end results each time:

1) the webpage to admin it does not open when i go to the ip address/admin
    2) portainter shows the status as either "starting" or "unhealthy"
    3) logs always end in DNS Resolution is currently unavailable

i also see in the logs something i think is odd.... i see this:

WARNING Misconfigured DNS in /etc/resolv.conf: Primary DNS should be 127.0.0.1 (found 127.0.0.11)

nameserver 127.0.0.11

i don't have 127.0.0.11 specified anywhere i can find?? not sure if this has something to do with itt or not

hope someone can help me get this going

• Change to 127.0.0.1
    You can also add --cap-add NET_ADMIN and possibly --dns=127.0.0.11 if by some miracle you are not able to change 11 to 1.

But you will probably have to set .1

• But where is the 127.0.0.11? I never added that address anywhere so I don't know where it's getting it from in the first place?

It's best to start clean again. Uninstall the docker and reinstall the latest version. Proceed as in the video only in addition Ex arg add more
    --cap-add NET_ADMIN --dns=127.0.0.1

• nope... blew everything away and started from scratch. added this to the extra arguments:

-p 53:53/tcp -p 53:53/udp -p 67:67/udp -p 80:80/tcp -p 443:443/tcp --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --dns=127.0.0.1

still the exact same thing happens

• nope... blew everything away and started from scratch. added this to the extra arguments:

-p 53:53/tcp -p 53:53/udp -p 67:67/udp -p 80:80/tcp -p 443:443/tcp --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --dns=127.0.0.1

still the exact same thing happens

What system? What kernel? What version of docker? What cpu architecture?

I personally tested on ARMv7, Docker 18.09.2, Pihole 4.2.2, Kernel 4.14.94, ARMBIAN 5.73, with "--cap-add NET_ADMIN" works ok....
    If the docker is freaking, debug reason why it behaves so. You can use PiHole as a last resort without a docker.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!