Performances of RSync

• Good morning all,

I'm sure this is something that has been discussed already but I seem not to be able to find any reference at the moment.

I have a couple of servers, both with a number of NICs (4 and 6, to be precise) configured with LACP (the switch supports LACP).
    Now, I was expecting NAS-to-NAS transfers to hit approx. 4 Gbps (the slowest server has 4 * 1Gbps interfaces) however I can see I a only able to reach 1Gbps as, apparently, rsync only creates a single TCP session which cannot span multiple NICs.

I have tried to start multiple rsync jobs concurrently, hoping that this would allow all the bandwidth to be used however that still hit 1 Gbps top.
    I'm sure LACP works just fine as I move from/to each NAS data faster than 1 Gbps (i.e. having 3 wired clients copying from each NAS I can consume ~ 3Gbps).

Is there any way to tell RSync to take advantage of all the available bandwidth and spread the load across multiple NICs configured with Link Aggregation?

Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!