SMB Share for Playstation 2 OPL - changing to static makes device unseeable by router?

• Hi guys. I consider myself to be pretty high up there when it comes to Windows and BSD but I'll be frank and say that there are still a lot of things I'm learning about the Linux world especially since I just got into the new Raspberry Pi 400 keyboard. That said, here's the setup:

Raspberry Pi 3B+ (it's all I had laying around except for a Rock64 board that I'd have to repair - would prefer it over the Pi since it supports eMMC but Pine boards just have too much dev work needed on the user's end to make it all work and I gave up on it)

Seagate 2TB 2.5" USB3 HD

**ASUS RT-AC68U acting as a router (only temporarily until I figure this out)

PS2 Slim 70000 series softmodded with latest version of OPL and Popstarter

By now you can tell my goal is to plug the Pi directly into the PS2 directly, configure them both to work sans router/DHCP so that I can boot the Pi up, and a minute or two later turn on the PS2, open OPL, and game. I'm new to OMV as I've been a FreeNAS freak for the better part of 15 years but I've been shying away from it in lieu of other distros like UnRAID and OMV and considering what just a minimal install of Armbian Buster and one command can do to get OMV up and running on the Pi's blows me away. I can configure everything as it needs to be configured except for the static IP part. Since OMV5 it looks like now that IPv6 is automatically enabled, and I haven't been sure if it's been necessary to disable it or not since this issue I have where I set my static IP to 192.168.1.200, Netmask 255.255.255.0, and Gateway to 192.168.1.1 but leave IPv6 alone and leave it with it's default values. Something tells me that I should be disabling IPv6 since once I hit Apply the entire system disappears from Angry IP Scanner, my router's DHCP IP list, and no access from any computer on the network including using IPv6 addresses to try to connect to it.

My question is simple - to set the system up for PS2 SMB, should I disable IPv6 completely, change all of my IPv4 settings to what's above, and then hit Apply? If so this explains a lot since I don't usually deal with much IPv6 with my FreeNAS box except when it comes to UPnP-type stuff that I have little use for (I grew up in the days when four octets is all you needed and not eight). I've made a backup image of my current SD card so that I don't end up having to redo my entire installation, but I wanted a little clarification on this since the PS2 obviously has no IPv6 support since it's older than rocks, but even it seems to not work properly once connected.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks, and sorry for the long message.:/

• Still hoping somebody can tell me why I cannot make any changes to my eth0 settings on the latest kernel and OMV version without getting omv-salt errors...I'm trying to configure my Pi 4 to retain a static IPv4 address even when the Pi is connected directly to the Playstation 2.

• Solved - stopping hoping OMV becomes stable enough to set a static IP without crumbling to pieces and getting rid of OMV altogether. It is far from stable and relying on it to function properly is not worth waiting on so I'll be setting everything up using some pi-psx-smbshare image based on Jessie instead has proven having a dysfunctional webGUI is impractical for the Pi when it comes to simple IP alterations.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!