I've been using OMV 4 for a very long time and deemed it time to upgrade to 5. Unfortunately I keep going in a loop where the system ends in a non-bootable state and I honestly don't know what to do next. I hope one of you can point me in the right direction. Here's what I did:
- shutdown my system, disconnect my data drives (5 disk RAID5)
- boot from IODD drive in Virtual CD-ROM mode with omv5 install iso
- install OMV5, reboot
- OMV5 works fine at this point
- shut down system, reconnect data drives
- at this point my system can't find a boot device. Bootorder is set to the correct drive, all other drives are disabled in the boot order.
- disconnecting the data drives does not solve the issue, system doesn't boot
- when I boot from a rEFInd iso I can select the drive and OMV boots
- tried to update-grub once it boots using rEFInd: no dice
- tried the suggestion I found in the forum (No boot device after initial install on HP T620 - General - openmediavault) which is:
cp /boot/efi/EFI/debian/grubx64.efi /boot/efi/EFI/boot/bootx64.efi
I searched high and low but I'm out of options it seems (or I'm not very good at finding). Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?