Trouble using an external USB volume

• I have an 18T USB 3.x external drive that I've been trying to connect with OpenMediaVault, with no luck. I'm able to partition and format the unit on the CLI with no trouble, including making a filesystem.

I tried "Wipe" from OMV to see if that would help, but no luck.

To be sure, I rebooted the system and tried this.

The errors are below:

Displaying items 1 - 4 of 4

Create file system

Close

Error

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; partprobe '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Error: end of file while reading /dev/sda

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; partprobe '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Error:
    end of file while reading /dev/sda in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:649
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->Engined\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusqQ...', '/tmp/bgoutputYG...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(689): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure), NULL, Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->create(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('create', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'create', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

• OMV is designed to not work with external USB drives, due to perceived reliability problems.

What you'll need to do is format it, create the filesystem and mount it from the system level, then you can refer to that volume from within OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!