FTP login problem and solution

• I am using an FTP server to receive videos from a surveillance camera. A few days ago I noticed that since 01.01.2023 I don't have any videos. I checked from the camera app - the connection test ended with error 454 and a message about connection problems. I checked the camera configuration, user, password, connection - everything was correct. I also started to check permissions in OMV to shared folders - everything ok. So I removed all accesses, Recordings folder and restored again - nothing changed. So I tried to connect to the Recordings folder with another ftp client and got a message about incorrect login. I tried with two different users and the situation was the same for both. I finally created a new user in OMV and...it worked. The new user has the same configuration as the previous one. So the problem looks like this: users created before 01/01/2023 are rejected when trying to connect to FTP. I didn't find such a bug in the forum, so it's a bit strange that it only happened to me. Maybe a specific configuration is causing it. Anyway, logging in with the newly created user solves the problem.

• Hello,

I found your post while having the same issue. I tried creating a new user after trying everything, and then it worked. I'm using openmediavault-ftp 6.0.7-1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!