SAMBA Shares work on OS drive but not on Software RAID array

• Hi folks,

Ive been having issues with my HomeServer, OMV6, on a HP N40L Home Server.

I migrated from OMV5 to OMV6 and all was fine, then the OS disk died so I have a new one installed and OMV6 from the ISO.

This is where my share issues started. Suddenly no access to the shares from a Windows 11 PC to any of my old shares.

Everything is backed up so all good so I deleted the RAID array in OMV6 and re-created it after quick wiping the drives (again from OMV6).

Created new shares but again no access to those with a Windows network error.

So, I have tried to create a share, same permissions same settings and the share on the OS drive and that opens fine and I can add/remove files.

So I am wondering what I can do to make the RAID array shares work like the OS drive ones do?

Are there some read/Write/Execute settings in the array that I cant see, or in the mount or the mountpoint on the RAID that I need to reset to make the RAID shares accessible?

I cannot understand how shares on the OS drive are accessible but not on the RAID with exactly the same settings?

Do I need to just bite the bullet, do a rebuild from scratch and start again?

Thanks in advance.
    Screenshot of the Windows network error below. I've tried access from multiple machines and multiple OSs (Windows 10, 11, Mac and Android devices with the same issues, the one on the OS drive is accessible the one on the RAID not so I dont think its a specific device/Windows build issue its more a RAID array issue.

• JasonGill

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • JasonGill

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!