Collection Of Rsync Jobs - Which To Delete?

• I have a collection of hourly rsync files resulting from setting up and testing the rsnapshot.

Bottom line: I decided to forgo the hourly backups and run daily/weekly/monthly/yearly.

Can I simply delete the "old" hourly jobs? Or would that compromise the integrity of the rsnapshot data?

Thanks!

• It looks for me that your hourly are not good anyway - regardless hourly, daily etc file "0" (zero) should be large (like yours daily.0 and weekly.0)

So either you have already deleted first large hourly file or rsnapshot made snapshot of some "empty system" (incoretc setup/link). Most probaly hourly files are useless anyway - files 1-9 are same of the size = hardlink to previous copy (99% chaane no changes withis systems were recorded).

Anyway, you are not going to use this files and once you have daily it should be OK to remove -

However SAFERY FIRST (!!) I would move all hourly to another folder and try to restore from daily - have you already tried this?

P.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!