Odroid HC1 update report

• Hello,

I have attempted to upgrade my Odroid HC1 NAD from OMV 6 to OMV 7 using `omv-release-upgrade`. I got as far as step 11 and then got this:

I am also getting

Code
    502 - Bad Gateweay

when attempting to log in to GUI. I will see if I can fix it up and report back.

• I am also getting
    Code
    502 - Bad Gateweay

when attempting to log in to GUI. I will see if I can fix it up and report back.

This has likely to do with this email I got:

Zitat
    Code
    failed to start (exit status 1) -- '/bin/systemctl start php7.4-fpm': Failed to start php7.4-fpm.service: Unit php7.4-fpm.service is masked.
  • Running

Code
    omv-salt deploy run phpfpm
    omv-salt deploy run nginx

has restored the OMV web GUI. I have clicked on the yellow "Apply changes" button. Looks good so far. Now I only need to figure out why my user login is not working.

• belegdol

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Odroid HC1 updtate report“ zu „Odroid HC1 update report“ geändert.
  • Now I only need to figure out why my user login is not working.

Probably because Debian 12 now has a _ssh instead of ssh and it failed to add it automatically (happened on the Pis before)

On the OMV GUI, theres a big blue box stating it (I dismissed it so, can't show SS)

The solution is to go to Users and confirm that it is on group _ssh:

• Create a new user and add him to that group.

Try to login via ssh with it.

Go to your own user again, remove him from the group, save and re-add him again.

See if it works.

• Thanks for the tip, but I decided to take a more directed approach. Inspecting the journal revealed the following:

Zitat

Mar 05 14:12:10 sshd[6543]: User xxx from 192.168.0.180 not allowed because none of user's groups are listed in AllowGroups.

It turns out /etc/ssh/sshd_config still had ssh in it, not _ssh. I changed it to _ssh and now I am able to log in again. Shouldn't omv-release-upgrade have taken care of that? Or was it scheduled to be fixed, but after the step that failed due to checksum mismatches?

• Or was it scheduled to be fixed, but after the step that failed due to checksum mismatches?

Maybe.

As long as it's fixed, perfect.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!