ACPI BIOS Error (bug): AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT, Field [CPB3] at bit offset/length 64/32 exceeds size of target Buffer (64 bits)

• Just thought I'd throw this out there, any big server guys have a fix.

Not that it is a major issue, but I get it at every boot, and passes and runs, seen similar on other distro's and machines but just checking.

I also did a search and found old issues with HP laptops with almost exact same wording, but no fixes, they 3 years old posts.

This is during boot but passes on through, and runs fine.

The machine is Spoiler #2

Code
    [ 0.7406091] ACPI BIOS Error (bug): AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT, Field [CPB3] at bit offset/length 64/32 exceeds size of target Buffer (64 bits) (2022031/dsopcode-198) [ 0.740609] ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB._OSC due to previous error (AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT) (20220331/psparse-529)

There are a lot of settings in this server BIOS I don't understand like C states and such.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The following is the closest thing I've found to the -> error . All references found seem to be related to HP hardware. There was one post that suggested running FSK (on EXT4) might fix it.

Since this seems to be hardware related, I don't have anything for you and I doubt others will. If there are no ill effects and you're (otherwise) happy with the server, I wouldn't worry about it.

• FSK ? Not sure what that is, is this related to disks?

If so this hits at the first post of BIOS, before any drive access I would think.

• Offizieller Beitrag

FSK ? Not sure what that is, is this related to disks?

Yeah, fsck (my mistake) for EXT4, is like Windows chkdsk for NTFS.
    fsck checks for EXT4 filesystem errors.

If so this hits at the first post of BIOS, before any drive access I would think.

You're probably right. In my search, I didn't include the prefix ACPI BIOS Error (bug):

• NP thanks anyway. Don't think it's major it always goes on and boots and seems to have no ill effects.

I have three of these, one Dell PowerEdge(my VM box), one Dell server, and this one Intel Terra Server 6 bay, all with Intel boards and dual Xeon's. They all boot slow but this one is only one I've seen the bios thing, and I think it did the similar with TrueNAS on it.

My guess is it's maybe the C State settings on CPU. After I get my drive replaced in my main build and repopulated, I'll try some setting changes and see what happens.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!