Constant issues getting qBittorrent working in OMV7

• Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but unfortunately it did not remove any of the network interfaces I have. I think it might be because it probably wasn't the openmediavault-compose that created them, but rather the openmediavault-k8s

To clean it for good, bring down ALL container's you have running and try again.

If it still doesn't remove them, go to the Compose Plugin Networks sub-page and delete them there, one by one.

Just make sure that you don't delete these one's since they belong to the docker service:

I really have no idea where to start: are there some other logs I can go through? Can I get some details about the running container with some command I am missing?

You can test launching a new qbit:

Bring down your qbittorrent container.

Create a new file named qbit-other and paste the same YML as the old one but change the location of the config volume:

Bring the container UP and check the container logs to see the initial PASSWORD for the GUI.

docker logs qbit-new

Check if you can login to it's GUI with http://LAN_IP:8080

• So in the meantime I finally had a little more time for some good old fashioned trial and error and I managed to get my qBittorrent working again :) The key thing I did not try before was changing both the target and the published port of the web UI and also the WEBUI_PORT environment variable in the compose yml. Here is what the working version looks like:

While really glad I got lucky, I still don't understand what went wrong with the 8080 port. Any advice on how to look for the root cause of the issue is thus still greatly appreciated, as I would really like to understand it.

• While really glad I got lucky, I still don't understand what went wrong with the 8080 port.

This means that something else is blocking/using port 8080.

• To clean it for good, bring down ALL container's you have running and try again.

If it still doesn't remove them, go to the Compose Plugin Networks sub-page and delete them there, one by one.

Just make sure that you don't delete these one's since they belong to the docker service:

The thing is, there are only the following 6 Network Interfaces listed in the Compose Plugin, so I think the remaining 11 services I see must be coming from somewhere else:

This means that something else is blocking/using port 8080.

Yes, I also think so. Is there a way to find out what? I tried

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# ss -tulpn | grep :8080

but did not get any hits. The full results without the grep are too long, so I attach them as a file, in case someone see more than I do there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!