After quite some time now, I declare my NAS finished. Yay! The basic specs are:
- Intel Celeron G1840 with CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo
- 2x 2 GB RAM DDR3-1333
- ASRock B85M Pro3
- be quiet! Pure Power L8 300W
- Kingston SSDNow S200 30GB
- Silverstone SST-PS09B with Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 PWM
I have installed the following hard drives on the remaining 5 SATA ports:
- 2x WD RED WD40EFRX 4,0 TB (RAID 1)
- 1x WD RED WD30EFRX 3,0 TB
- 2x SASMUNG HD154UI 1,5 TB (RAID 1)
I'm quite satisfied with the setup, and the NAS is really quiet. Not whisper quiet, but my main PC (which is also far from being loud) makes more noise.
Nevertheless, I'm not too happy with the cable organization, but due to the limit space available inside the case, there is not much (if any) improvement possible...
Thanks for the support in the forum!
[*] Only for the time being, since the drives are quite old and possibly replaced soon by 2x WD RED WD10EFRX 1,0 TB (RAID 1).