Beiträge von deathect

I got confused by the screenshots. Let's see if the @dethegeek has any idea. Also the log suggests stronger encryption, maybe try tls. have you consulted the ucs manual?

Thanks subzero79, just an update... I decided to replace UCS with Zentyal's Domain Controller, it's really much easier to manage.

Regarding the Directory Service (LDAP) integration, I really don't know how to make it work this time with Zentyal DC...

Can you kindly supply me a sample format with the correct details in that Directory Service plugin forms?

Thanks so much in advance.

Respectfully,
    Raleigh

The ldap plugin is to connect to an ldap server to fetch users from there and authenticate them against that server when used with samba, fro or netatalk services. The plugin is not a server.

Yes subzero79 I know it's a plugin, Directory Service. I'm asking for help on how to connect OMV with LDAP (SAMBA4). The screenshots were proofs that I have a working domain controller. I just needed help on how to integrate it with OMV. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,I just installed UCS with Active Directory-compatible Domain Controller module only.

I also just installed OpenMediaVault with its Directory Service plugin.

I wish to integrate OpenMediaVault with UCS Domain Controller but it seems not working.

OpenMediaVault LDAP Settings
    Details:IP: 10.20.30.40
    domain: dc.mydomain.com
    Port: 389
    User: Administrator (UCS default)
    Enabled the Simple Authentication
    DN: DC=mydomain,DC=com

LDAP Admin Connection Properties

but it returned an error too...

LDAP Admin Error Message

With LDAPAdmin, anonymous test connection was successful.

LDAP Admin - Anonymous Connection Successful

Tried with GSS-API or GSS Negotiate with LDAPADMIN and LDAPADMINISTRATOR, it can connect to the LDAP and can browse the directory.

AUTH.LOG
    Jun 5 07:35:02 openmediavault start-stop-daemon: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldap://10.20.30.40:389: Strong(er) authentication required
    Jun 5 07:35:02 openmediavault start-stop-daemon: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavailable
    Jun 5 07:35:02 openmediavault start-stop-daemon: nss_ldap: failed to bind to LDAP server ldap://10.20.30.40:389: Strong(er) authentication required
    Jun 5 07:35:02 openmediavault start-stop-daemon: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Server is unavailable

May I know what am I missing here? Thanks so much in advance.