Beiträge von Spectre216

So I have an OMV server running on an old desktop (i5-3570k, 16gb, OMV running off a USB 3.0 drive). On this server I have 10 7200rpm 3tb HDDs currently running in RAID10 (previously RAID6 with the same issue) and they are getting very low IOPs. I'm getting reading around 15-20 when I run diskspd. I have a second server running 3 of these same drives in RAID5 and my IOPs are 200-300. Both server are connected to my other servers via 10gbe connections. If I run CrystalDiskMark on both servers both have similar read and write speeds that fully saturate the 10gbe connection. Anyone know why my IOPs are so low on the larger server? Built it with hopes of using it as a main hub to host my VMs off of for ProxMox, but with this issue it isn't really much of an option at the moment.

So I have a new VM deployed from my template in ProxMox. I go to connect to my SMB shares like I do on other VM's, but I just get a "Can't Access..." message from Windows. Event viewer says it is a rejected guest session. For some reason OMV isn't asking for credentials on this server and I'm guessing there is a saved SMB session somewhere, but according to Powershell I have no sessions going on. Anyone run into this and know how I can get it to prompt for credentials?

So I have OMV set up and sharing some folders over SMB. I can get OMV to prompt me for credentials, but can't connect. I have tried username@domain, and .\username but neither works. I'm guessing it's because OMV is sharing via WORKGROUP, but changing that to my domain didn't help either. Thoughts?

So I have an install of OMV 5 running on my server, currently sitting on a 120gb SSD. I want to free up the power/sata cables as I am just about out and was looking at running OMV off of a flash drive instead. Is there an easy way to do this? Can I do a backup of my SATA drive through the WebUI and restore it to a fresh install on the USB stick? Is there a better way to do this?

Hey guys, thanks for all the input and help. I think I have this just about up and running now, with speeds sitting above what a regular HDD comes in at, but below a true SSD. Still pretty good for running the games I don't normally play without having to get a new SSD for now. Last issue that I haven't gotten figured out, is that if I resize the .img file that I make, Windows will not pick up the change. Only way I've found around it is to delete the .img and make a new one that is larger. Not to big of an issue, but might cause problems down the road. Is there anything I need to do specifically when trying to resize the .img files?

I'll post my speeds for posterity's sake, in case any one wonder how fast it is to do something like this.

Ok, one last question. Maybe you'll know the answer. How do I point it to the shared folder? It just asks for the path. Would I just use the "Relative Path" under share folders (i.e. iSCSiTest/), or do I have to point it some other way?

Ok, I have it installed. Are there any walkthroughs for this particular plugin? First time using iSCSi so not entirely sure how to map it to my windows computer now. Is it possible to use an existing shared folder, or do I have to format the whole RAID and pass it directly to my Windows machine. I'm using it for shared storage over SMB with my Proxmox hosts and a few computers on my LAN, so I was hoping to allow the Windows machine access to a certain folder while the rest is left untouched.

I have an install of OMV 5 with a 6tb RAID being shared out (currently over SMB) to a Windows 10 install. Works great, but some games won't run over a NAS connection due to anticheat. I've read that iScsi can help with this limitation, but can't find a guide for getting it to work on OMV 5. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

So I have a fresh install of OMV 5 (updated from 4 hoping to solve this issue). I have 5 NICS (one on board, 4 on a card). I am trying to bond them, but when I choose 802.3ad I cannot choose a primary NIC. This causes the system to freak out until I revert the bond, which I have to do because there is no other way for me to apply the settings (it just hangs while applying). I have had this set up in the past successfully, and maybe I am just misremembering how to do this, but I was hoping someone here could give me a little bit of guidance.

Hello,

I have using VMWare ESXI 6.7.0 and have it connected to some NFS shares made in OMV. The thing is, I can mount the share, but can't see anything in it or create/copy anything in it unless I change ACL to allow others to Read/Write/Execute. I can't seem to figure out permissions to do this without letting anything get to the NFS shares and was hoping someone could shed some light on where I am going wrong. I have a user (VMWare) and they are a member of a group (NFS-Share). The user and group have read/write permissions in the "permissions" tab and in ACL. I have also tried making VMWare the owner of the share in ACL, as well as setting the shares group to NFS-Share, but the problem persists. The only way this seems to work is by setting the Others tab to Read/Write/Execute. Anyone here have any thoughts?

So I have a fresh install of OMV 4 (just came from 5.0 to see if this fixed the issue). It seem that whenever I try to add a new file system, share out a new folder, or look at my RAID I just can't. The web interface just sits there spinning and never loads anything. If I reboot it works for a little bit, but then the issue returns a few hours later (or sometimes in the same session). Anyone have any thoughts as to what can cause this? A bad HDD being used perhaps? Some bug that follows me between versions? I have tried updating, reinstalling, switching versions, but seem to run into this issue constantly.

Hello,

I am running OpenMediaVault 5, sharing out drives over SMB. I also have a camera server running Zoneminder that is built on Ubuntu Server 18.04.3. I am trying to mount my SMB share for Ubuntu using the /etc/fstab, but no luck. Was wondering if anyone here had any ideas. It keeps saying "Operation not supported" so I am guessing that I am fat fingering something, but am not knowlegable to see what. Any help would be appreciated.

My fstab

Code
    //(OMV IP)/(Share) /media/camera cifs vers=2.0,credentials=/home/(username)/credentials,sec=ntlm 0 0

Normally this is caused by a not available filesystem (incl. shared folders) which is the target of a backup/rsync/whatever job. So you might concentrate on looking into the /srv directory where all filesystems are mounted. If a filesystem is not mounted and a rsync job or something else is writing to a shared folder the data is written into thr root filesystem instead.

I don't think I have RSync enabled. Is that something that is on by default?

So I have OMV installed on a 128gb SSD. It is full and I can't figure out why. Tried clearing logs, but that was only 25mb. I tried 'apt autoremove' and 'apt clean' and 'du -sh /'. No luck figuring out what is filling the drive. I cleared an old kernel (only 3 of them were installed). Anyone here have any ideas on where I can look?

The result from du -sh /* in case it helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.