Beiträge von ewan

I have what may be a related problem

Since upgrading my desktop to Ubunto 16.04 I can't access my NFS Shares on OMV from this machine other than as super user.

Shares mount OK as before and permission are 777 so I should be able to access as non-root users - Error message I get on terminal is "Operation not permitted" and in Nautilus "You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of “photoproject”." So it looks like a permission problem, but I can't see how this can be with permission as set:

drwxrwsrwx 3 nobody 4294967294 4096 Jul 25 18:23 photoproject

Guess it might be due to a change in the way Ubunto reacts to the "nobody" UID or "4294967294" GID. I don't now if there has been such a change, but they have not previously given me any problems.

I have tried to align the user and group with a user "omv" created on my desk top UID 999 by setting options in omv as "all_squash,subtree_check,secure,anonuid=999" for this share, but this does not appear to have any effect (I have rebooted my desktop to ensure mounts refreshed). Sill show shares UID and GID as above - Independently of this issue I quite like to sort this out and it might help with this issue.

Other shares have options as default and they behave the same just "subtree_check,secure"

I can access the shares as root and I can also access the shares from another machine still running Ubunto 15.04

I'm on Vers 1.19 (Kralizec) with Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 Kernel

There is also some evidence that the problem is intermittent as I briefly got access to another share that have previously been similarly unavailable.

Thanks