Beiträge von maxou2600

There must be a solution or at least a bandaid (even if it's a BIOS bug, i'm pretty sure that There Is a way to override it...)
    Especially if the problem does not appear with Windows and/or the computer shutdown normally a second Time --> it's capable to do it...

If at a second Time the computer shutdown properly (via WebGUI or shutdown -h now), there Is no reason that it can't do the same thing at a first Time.

Perhaps checking logs will help to find a weird thing...

Idea : Maybe, when we send a Magic packet, it "stays" over the system and then when we shutdown, the NIC see/receive the packet and it restarts the computer of course...

The second boot uses this packet, then when we shutdown it works, and it does not restarts because There Is no more packet...

It's not a major problem but if it can be corrected ^^

Envoyé de mon FRD-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks,

In my case, a bad/creepy/old/shitty/.../ BIOS may be thé problem.

I did some changes about ACPI (tried to disable it as well as some power management options...) At boot, OMV gives me some errors [Firmware bug] BIOS [ ...] Problem

Make sure that AMD cool and quiet Is enabled [...]...

For my computer, You're certainly right but I have some doubt about nuttah's Dell T20 which is certainly less than one year old and has i think UEFI and less bugs than my old e380

Hmm... well, it's weird.
    If I was the only one having this bug on an old computer, happy to have a WOL function on certainly one of the first GB onboard Marvell controller...
    Ok, no Luck...

But as I see on other forums, it's something like a common bug : there are many components, old, recents, cheap, expensive that have this bug.

I think that if it was a Hardware/BIOS related problem, in ten years it Would be resolved...

There must be something else. If it was only a BIOS bug, pc would keep restarting after shutdown. But after the reboot, shutdown works fine...

PS : laptop-mode-tools does not change anything for me

Thanks

Happy new year :)

I was thinking that the problem was related with specific hardware/components... but as I see here and on Internet, it isn't.
    I saw a few posts where people got this problem five years ago (ubuntu 12.04) !
    For some of them, disabling WOL resolved the problem.
    I saw other posts which recommends to add something into grub config file... or new systemd services or scripts...

I tried most of them, none works.

Same thing with an Acer E380 (ECS mobo, AMD athlon 64 4200+, 2gB ddr2)

Sometimes (less than 1/10 Times) shutdown -h now or shutdown via WebGUI halts the computer
    Mostly, it reboots and then After reboot, shutdown works.
    I already had this problem with omv2.

I'm actually on Omv3 (3.0.57) with backports kernel

Ps: It seems that our configs are running with an AMD k8 processor, Am I right ?

What Motherboard chipsets do you have ?

Personnaly i have NVidia MCP61 chip.

Ps2: I tried to disable WOL in the BIOS, and yes, the computer shut down properly everytime.
    I don't think it's related to the ethernet chip, because i don't have the same as yours. (i have a Marvell one)

Ps3: if the WOL is disabled Into OMV and enabled Into BIOS, WOL doesn't work anymore but the system reboots and does not shutdown.

So, WOL needs to be disabled Into the BIOS to shutdown properly the computer in one Time.

Hello,
    Thank you :)

I am trying to mount Vidéos folder via NFS, i created a new shared folder (Videos and not Vidéos) which doesn't give fsname error.
    I created a link between Vidéos and Videos (ln -s /media/UUID/Vidéos /media/UUID/Videos)

On the client, i did
    sudo mount -t nfs -o rw serverip:/export/Videos ~/serveur

I Can see Vidéos on the client (ls -all) which refers to /media/UUID on the server, but i can't go into it on the client.

I think it's because on the client /media/UUID doesn't exist.

Am i right ?

How Can I make it work waiting 3.0.57 ?

Thanks ;)

Hello,

I installed erasmus, and it's working pretty well (I needed to manually upgrade util-linux (blkid version was 1.0.0 --> 2003) there was an error accessing File Systems, but now it's working fine with util-linux 2.2.9)

But the "éè" error with NFS is still there, Shared folders without these weird "french letters" are working fine, the others : fsname error.

thanks

I don't know if it's a good idea because, I already tried it (a few months ago with 3.0.2x) and I lost some omvextrasorg plugins (like mumble and a few others) and there were problems with the Names of the Folders (they have some letters like é è...) NFS didn't worked with these folders... and It wasn't stable for me (Crash of the GUI, freezes...)

If these problems are solved, i have no reason to not try it again because 2.1 doesn't work anymore since the death of the WD.

thanks

Hello everybody !

Today I needed to change my system disk (an old WD) it does not work anymore.

Luckily my 3TB DATA Seagate works, but after re-installing the system (OMV 2) on a "new" drive (Hitachi 60GB coming from an old out-of-service Xbox360),
    System is booting up normally, I need to reconfigure my Seagate disk as the Data disk again, but I can't, when I try to go on File Systems i got this error : "Failed to get the 'ext4' filesystem implementation or '/dev/sda1' does not exist" but of course /dev/sda1 does exist and the Seagate is recognized by the system

I checked some things, and for me everything seems to be ok except the Fstab,

Bash
    omv-mkconf fstab

does not help. I tried to reconfigure it by placing something like

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]UUID=6417a2ac-726a-4821-9718-0d691a909fd9 /media/6417a2ac-726a-4821-9718-0d691a909fd9 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

but it does not help :?:

Bash
    blkid

Code
    e2fsck -y -f -v /dev/sda1

Thank you for you help, have a good day ;)

Hello everybody !
    I'm using openmediavault for a few months now, first openmediavault v2.x, it used to work fine, and then I got the "Wonderful" idea to make my NAS an "HTPC/NAS", so i decided to install Debian Wheezy, and then openmediavault on top of it, everything was fine except the fact that almost every program I was trying to install were programs with no more updates, no more support, and for some of them "Kodi", I never found how to install it, I was locked by old libraries into the system like libc6...

Then I decided to upgrade my system to Debian Jessie, (I did a backup on my PC, usb keys, external hard drives...), and I did a fresh install (Formatting all the disks...) and i Installed openmediavault v3.0.x, and... I have a lot of problems with it, lot of omv-extras plugins are not working, some are buggy ... (I know it's testing ^^) but with Jessie I was able to install all the programs I wanted to, like Kodi (The most important for me),

Okay, there are external programs, not maintained by openmediavault itself, so we need to wait that the developers works on their programs to be working with the new omv.

But now I'm trying to setup a NFS share on my NAS to share files between my Linux devices (I tried Samba but on my Linux devices it's pretty slow... and there are some disconnections...) NFS was working fine on omv2 and was usefull to do easy file sharing between linux devices...

Now on omv3.0, i have some problems, I can mount my shared folders, but then, when I try to go on the folder, i'm getting an error : "Permission Denied", and I do not understand why because the mounting of the folder is working well...

and the first command (we can't see the end on the picture) is

Code
    sudo mount -t nfs -o rw 192.168.1.119:/Maxime ~/test

Have a great Day, Thank you !

EDIT :
    First af all I changed the path to " /export/SharedDirectory"

After few tests... I got some weird problems :
    Now on the RPI, I can Access one of the three shared folders (ONLY when i am logged as root) (the two others : Permission Denied), I can make a Folder in it, then on my Windows PC, i can see the created folder but can't go in it (Do not have the permissions)...

I think that there are severals problems, some on the NAS, Bad configuration ? Bugs ?
    and permissions problems on my RPI pi, and my other devices, an "ls -al" give me the user root to the shared folders, then as superuser I can do what i want to do (creating files, directories...) (only the one of the shared directories, the others : Permission denied, even logged as root)...

but the root mount can't be changed !? When i try do mount without being root, it says me "You need to be root to do that", and when the mount is configured in the /etc/fstab, the folders are automatically mounted as root !?

EDIT 2 : Hmmm, I think I understand some things now, but i didn't solve all the problems,

So, To have an access to the shared Directory (with my RPI pi) , for the moment, I need to have the option (on the server) no_root_squash (If I understood correctly, this option means that the client machine has the same root privileges to the shared folder as the server machine, is this right ?)
    Without this option, i can't do anything, Permissions denied (regular user or root...)

There I can mount (as root), I don't know how to mount the directory as a regular user, "normally" via terminal "mount bla bla..." but tells me "You need to be root" or @boot via fstab, (automatically root ?)

I can do what I want with a regular user (pi) only if I "chmod 777" the shared directory, then I can undo what i did with my Windows Computer via smb (no permissions error)

My question is now, How can I mount (and use :P ) the shared directories, without being root, without the no_root_squash option, without using chmod 777 for giving the right at "everybody" ? :?: