Beiträge von chillyw13

I finally figured it out. I had to cd into the directory the script runs from, then run the command. So in the command line I put this:

Code
    cd /home/hts/zap2xml; perl zap2xml.pl -u username -p password -F 4

Ran it and saw the date/time stamp on the file matched the current date/time.

That's the problem, scheduled doesn't work. I get permission denied creating a directory. Hence why I was trying command line crontab. With Zap2xml, it has to run as user hts. I've tried running it as hts and as root, but neither one works. My EPG doesn't get updated. I've checked /var/log/messages and there is absolutely nothing in there for zap2xml so I have no way of tracking down where it's failing. It's as if I never even created the cron job.

So I have a media setup using tvheadend, plex etc. I also use zap2xml for my EPG. The problem I am having is I cannot get my cron job to run. I set it from my hts user and I can see it using crontab -l. But it doesn't run. I even tried to use scheduled tasks, but that doesn't work either. I get a permission denied creating directory. Not sure what directory it is trying to create. Is there something I am missing in creating this cron job? I have to run it periodically to get my EPG data.

I did a df -h and saw where /dev/sda1 was mounted, and it should not have been. I unmounted it and recreated my rsync and all is good in the world. Still puzzled as to why rsync was trying to write to /dev/sda1 when I had /dev/sdh1 specified as the drive to use. Very weird. But it's fixed for now, so I'll keep an eye and see if this happens again. Might be a bug.

Nope. sda1 is /media/f3863d78-6648-4e5e-98f2-5041b810ba35 according to your mount output and your error says it can't make a directory on /media/f3863d78-6648-4e5e-98f2-5041b810ba35

I understand that, however the drive I am trying to write the files to is /dev/sdh1. When I try to rsync that drive, I get the RO error. I don't know why. According to fstab, /dev/sdh1 is rw. This has nothing to do with /dev/sda1.

I have an rsync job that is supposed to back up data to a USB drive. WHen I try to run it, I get an error

Code
    rsync: mkdir "/media/f3863d78-6648-4e5e-98f2-5041b810ba35/Backup2" failed: Read-only file system (30)
    rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (9 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

What changed to make it read only? How do I fix this?