Beiträge von jbacs

Ok. I have disabled and re-enabled the SSH. Please forgive my ignorance. What I.P. Address would go in hostname? The external or internal I.P.? And I don't know what putty is.

BTW in case I forget Thank You for the help. I don't ever want someone to think I don't appreciate it.

Things I have already tried.

Made sure the onboard nic was set to wol or not going to sleep.
    A new added on nic card.
    Updates to the software.
    No monitoring in other words SMART not enabled.

One thing I notice is the machine seem to go to sleep and I have to hit the space bar to wake it up. Not sure how to turn that feature off.

Ok, So here is my problem. Clients are able to upload to my server for a while and then they get connection reset by remote machine and when they try to reconnect it says connection refused. I have a dell poweredge 840 with hot swapable drives. 2.2.13 Stoneburner Intel Xeon CPU x3230 @ 2.66GHZ and linux 3.2.0-4-AMD64.

I have the nic set to WOL and if I reboot the machine then they are able to connect again and start uploading files. Am I missing a setting somewhere? If I login via the network (I.P. Address) the webgui comes up and so it seems that the WOL is working for internal connections, but not external. Is there maybe something I can install via the command line or something like that to keep the server alive? I have attached a summery of my system.

I really try not to bug y'all since I know you have more important things to do, but I am at my wits end on this. Any help would be appreciated.

I have this message in my log file. What does this mean?

/etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb:Updating smartmontools 5.41 drive database ...sed: couldn't write 50 items to stdout: Broken pipecat: write error: Broken pipe/usr/share/smartmontools/drivedb.h updated from branches/RELEASE_5_41_DRIVEDB

I tried that, but it says I don't have permission. However, it lets me create folders and such. I think I may have messed it up. I removed the username first and then had to re add it. Could that be why it's messed up? If so I may just have to leave it there.

One more question and it will work exactly as I need it. I set up the user and give them a home directory. If I need to delete them how do I delete their home directory too?

Thank You so much I knew I was missing something. I was looking in the SSH tab and couldn't figure out how to add them. I am so sorry for being a pain in the butt Noob at this. Anyway, so I went to the groups and checked SSH for the user. Is that what you were talking about?

I so far love open media vault. However, for the life of me I can not get it to allow logins over SSH or using sftp. I can login if I enable regular ftp it works fine, but as soon as I enable SSH and disable the ftp, I get that authentication failed. I am assuming (and this is where I could be making the mistake that it's the authentication of the user. Any help would be appreciated.