Beiträge von starion

When I run ethtool on my interface it shows 100MB. I can run ethtool to change it to 1000, verified with ethtool and subsequent speed testing. However, as soon as I reboot the OMV server, it defaults back to 100MB.

The network interfaces file advises that OMV has created it and to not to make any changes to it, there is no option that I can find in OMV to set the speed to stay at 1000MB.

Anyone know what the solution is?

Since having to rely on my OMV install from a remote location vs. on-site in the last couple of weeks, I have had to reboot OMV almost every other day. I am connecting to the OMV install via an OpenVPN client.

Deleting files gives errors about files being locked.

Speeds start going downhill to the point of taking 5 minutes or more to view the contents of a folder.

Files cannot be overwritten because of permissions issues.

Once OMV is rebooted, the problems go away...for a while. Then back to the same things listed above.

Ideas about what is the cause?

I have been using OMV for a 30TB NAS for a few years now. I have always been able to index it with Spotlight before, and use Spotlight/Alfred to search it. My feeling (although I can't remember exactly) is that I was able to use Spotlight with both SMB and AFP as I have them both turned on for various users and have connected both ways.

An OSX revision or two just before Catalina, and Spotlight searches have stopped working on the OMV server. I have literally spent dozens of hours on this problem, reading articles, searching the internet to no avail.

The index appears to be created. It shows that it's indexing, I can find the index manually in the terminal. mdutil shows that indexing is enabled and everything LOOKS normal, however spotlight cannot find any files on the OMV server.

Anybody have any insight? I have a ton of business documents on this server and not being able to pull them up quickly is driving me crazy.

Yes, thank you for giving us the "long" version. Many times on the forums people say "do this, or do that", but without the foundation behind it, it's not helpful. For myself, I have rarely, if ever toyed with or modified grub.

A noob question though, how to issue the "blkid" command and get it to pause? I have 12 drives plus the boot drive on this system and the first items disappear off the screen pretty quickly.

Was running 3.0.99 on this setup with no problem until the OS hard drive failed. I installed a new hard drive for the OS and OMV. Fresh install from ISO of 4.1.3 with no errors. However, when I rebooted, this is what I got:

Thoughts on how to fix this?

For the second time in 2 months, the shares wouldn't mount on my OMV NAS.

I don't know how to proceed other than to reinstall OMV from scratch. I'm not worried about the data volumes, I'm confident they're there. I believe it is something that has glitched again on the thumb drive (sdg) that is booting this setup.

What bothers me is that this setup worked for YEARS until a couple of months ago, and now, it has crashed twice in as many months.

Any steps I can take to try and repair it before I go full-blown re-install?

I should also note that I was using OMV backup plug-in, but I can't find any instructions on how to actually do a recovery.

I have just wasted several hours of my life trying to install OMV from a USB to a USB.

The symptom: every time the install stage got to creating the partition/filesystem, it would error out saying it couldn't create it. Tried different USB sticks. Was able to install from a USB stick to an actual USB HD, but never to another USB stick.

Was using 3.0.94. Finally as a last resort, I tried 3.0.86 and the install worked perfectly.

My conclusion? Something not right about 3.0.94. Don't know if it's a problem with the installer, or my old hardware, but it definitely doesn't work with my setup (which has been running the latest version of OMV for several years). I've always upgraded OMV through the web interface until recently when my USB stick shot craps and I had to reinstall OMV.

When I try to do any kind of performance statistics I get this error:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkgraph 2>&1' with exit code '1': 2017/03/11 18:53:59 socat[3604] E connect(7, AF=1 "/var/run/rrdcached.sock", 25): No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rrd.inc(54): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceRrd->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusng...', '/tmp/bgoutputvP...')#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rrd.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRrd->generate(NULL, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('generate', NULL, Array)#6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Rrd', 'generate', NULL, Array, 1)#7 {main}

What does this all mean and how do I get it working?

Jeff

Yes, I am aware about the same size drives and backups, but all that was not the point of the test. It was to insure that there was continuous SERVICE in the event of a hard drive failure which I have proved there is not. Is this a failure of OMV, the operating system, the hardware?

I should also point out that there are six drives in the RAID 6 configuration, (3) 1TB, a 2TB, a 3TB, and a 4TB. My total available size in the array is 3.64TB. If it only uses the space of the smallest drive on each drive, why is my array not 1TB?

Jeff