Beiträge von HDmaniac

Okay, I'll keep it short and sweet.

I have a 3TB HDD with loads and loads of data which I can't lose, I've plugged it in via USB and when I go to Storage>File Systems in the WebGUI, to add the drive it wants me to format the drive to EXT4 before I can mount it and only allows me 746GiB.

Basically I want to mount and share my 3TB NTFS drive as is across the network SMB (and FTP) without losing data nor storage space.

Any and all help is apprecaited.

Thanks in advance.

I am curios, what address do you type in to get to UI?

based on the log it seams you don't have a valid IP on eth1 and no host name.
    try running omv-firstaid and setup a proper IP
    than type IP in the address bar not the host name. sometimes home routers do not resolve hostnames properly for some reason.

When I first installed it it said no web access available or something, but on a YouTube video a fella was installing it and said this happens sometimes and to setup the connection there, mine shows up eth0, so I did that and now it gives me an IP address 192.168.1.102

Easily? No. You could login via putty/ssh and copy&paste it though. ssh is not enabled by default but you can start the service with service ssh start. Then download putty and login using the ip address. Execute the omv-update command and copy&paste it in the forum.

As fot Putty it comes up with "Network error: Connection refused"

ryecoaaron wrote:

The sysinfo did help. Did you add the auto entries to fstab? I would update the system first. Use omv-update

Okay, I typed omv-update and it started, failed to fetch a load of items, and then "Creating index of upgreadable packages..." and "Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins..." and finished...? You'll have to forgive me but I've not used Linux or any varient like this before so if you give me instructions I'd appreciate if you were as detailed as possible.

Thanks.

Hey, so I've been spending the past week trying to set-up a NAS and I've had various problems I've overcome but this one's really got me in a pickle.

Basically I have OMV installed and it loads seemingly fine and everything, but I can't access the Web GUI, when I type in the address it gets rejected.

I read on one forum something about Apache2 but typing whenever I try to start the service it comes back with "service unknown" (or something along that line).

Anyway, I wasn't sure what info you'd need so I've attached what the firstaid report has prepared me.

If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.