Beiträge von LouBen3010

As the error stated, there are now errors in openmediavault and one of it's plugins itself.
    Have you trief re-installing the "openmediavault" package?

I don't really know if a re-installation of the omv package keeps the configuration etc.
    Just sayin..

I think it would be better to reinstall it, but you can try to rescue it of course.

Well we also need to see the virtual hosts.
    Those are stored in the following folders:

Code
    ##
    # Virtual Host Configs
    ##

include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;
    include /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*;

My first assumption is, that this is due to a new nginx version.
    In the previous one the listen statements looked like this:

Code
    server {
        listen 80;
        root /var/www/root/;
    }

But now this syntax changed to:

Code
    server {
        listen [::]:80;
        root /var/www/root/;
    }

And this is again due to the fact that nginx now listens on IPv4 and IPv6. Therefore you define your ports in IPv6 syntx, but also the IPv4 port is listen on.

Hopefully this helps
    LouBen3010

Have you tried to execute the command which is recommended?
    Try apt-get -f install with no packages.

Hopefully you get this working again.
    I also deleted php5 (because I was naive and thought php7 can be integrated simple, haha) and I broke my server.

With best regards
    LouBen3010

Well it can get very unhandy since OMV itself is based on nginx.
    If you install the nginx plugin you get additional configuration possibilities but also can break the whole thing.
    Since I experienced the same issues and doesn't want to reconfigure my OMV system again and again I decided to run VirtualBox on my NAS.

In the VM I can completely use nginx as it's designed to without worrying about the system stability.

Then the only thing you need to do is to forward incoming traffic (directed to Owncloud) to the VM.

If you want to configure it side by side you need to ensure that both servers (virtual servers in nginx) are seperated and can be reached in different ways.
    For example with different ports. Maybe you can give us your virtual host configuration.
    It lays in etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmedivault-webgui

Btw: I would suggest you to use Nextcloud. In my opinion much more up2date as Owncloud is.

Had the same problem.
    In fact it was really simple:
    Now you need to use the IPv6 syntax in ALL servers to work with IPv4 AND IPv6. It doesn’t matter if you use IPv6 in your network or not. My network adapter is also configured to not use IPv6.

So:

Have fun
    LouBen3010

If you have an monitor and a keyboard/mouse plugged into the Rpi you could login into OMV with "root" and "openmediavault".
    Then you could try to run:

Code
    sudo omv-firstaid

This script will try to fix your installation.

Thanks for the link to this great wiki. Its written really good!
    But unfortunately I don't know how to access the "internal database", as referenced here.

Sorry if I'm asking stupid things. Had a long 10 hours day at programming and then my brain is not capable to handle such things, haha.

I created them with the web interface and then they were shown in the cert tab, that's right.
    But what I wanted to know is, where the list of certificates is stored so that I can remove the "broken" entries manually.

Why I actually removed them via SSH and not via the web interface was the fact that I was not able to do it via it.
    The "Remove" option was greyed out. I thought I could have old references to this certs but I checked all plugins twice.
    Therefore I removed them hoping that the list gets updated so that only the correct one is shown.

Thanks for the hint with the LetsEncrypt plugin. The OMV ecosystem is very interesting.

Hey there,

I just found out that certificates and keys are stored in "/etc/ssl/private" and "/etc/ssl/certs".
    But I have two questions:

1. Where is the list stored? OMV is still saying I have more certs but I removed old ones (created some more while debugging, but removed certs and keys afterwards)
    2. Does the LetsEncrypt plugin actually move the certificates to this location? I have in mind that the certs are stored in "/etc/letsencrypt/live" but I had no time for further investigation

With best regards
    LouBen3010

This question has been answered in this forum already. :)
    Indeed it want's you to update your Virtualbox plugin in order to apply the extension pack.
    But since the author of the Virtualbox OMV-package itself and the ext-pack are different, the update for Virtualbox does simply not exist.
    And furthermore this update won't come since the differences from Virtualbox are minor.

I'm sorry but I also have this update every time and now I also can't finde the thread, where the author mentioned it.

Edit: Found the responsible guy for Virtualbox. It is @ryecoaaron.

Hey there,
    I just found out that my OMV does not generate the certificate for a second given domain.
    In the plugin section I defined: "a.mydomain.com,b.mydomain.com" (without quotes) as domains.
    After Pressing "Generate Certificates" I only receive a.mydomain.com in my "live" folder from LetsEncrypt.

Do you know this issue?

Best regards
    Benedikt

Hey everybody,
    I just installed a fresh installtion of OMV 3 and I noticed that my backup raid 5 and my external hdd are now mounted to /srv/...
    Futhermore the names are pretty curious.
    One time its /srv/disk-by-label-backup and /srv/disk-by-UUID-99283927484.
    This is pretty confusing because before doing the fresh install they were mounted to /media/<UUID>.

When I try to change it in the fstab file OMV is getting trouble with the shares.

Since I want to understand the OMV system in general I'm curious if there is a method to say OMV that it should mount the fs by a specified criterion.
    First time a label and in the second time by UUID seems to be pretty random.

Have a nice day
    LouBen3010

Thanks! Now the message is disappeared.
    Can you also tell me why NC 12 says the X-Frame-Options would not be set to "SAMEORIGIN" ?
    Ich searched with grep -R X-Frame-Options /etc/* and only got valid results.