Beiträge von Tobi90

I am using OMV in Version 3.0.31 and the autoshutdown-plugin in Version 3.1.1.
    For my Backups I am using Rsnapshot-Plugin. As my system is not running the whole day, its important to me, that the daily backup is executed once a day. So I thought anacron should be the answer. So I have added a file in "/etc/cron.daily" with the command to start anacron.
    This works just fine but only in one of the following cases:

• booting after shutdown or restarting the system
    • wake up after the command "pm-suspend" from the terminal
    • wake up after the suspend-button in the gui was used
    • command "anacron" from terminal

So it seams that anacron is not getting started, when the autoshutdown-plugin has put the system to "suspend"-mode. So the question ist what is different when autoshutdown initiates the "suspend"?

What I allready have tried (without success):

• in the file "/etc/pm/sleep.d/autoshutdown-restart" I tried to add own commands to the case "thaw|resume". But they behave just like the start of anchron, the commands are only executed in the cases listed above -> so I assume the autoshutdown-plugin uses any kind of other "suspend"-state, that isn't recognized properly by the system when it returns. Any idea how I can change this?
    • Even when I add in the GUI of the autoshutdown-plugin to the "extra options" the phrase SHUTDOWNCOMMAND="pm-suspend" this has no effect. (I read this in "/etc/autoshutdown.default")
    • when I look at the syslog ("Syslog - Suspend mit Autoshutdown.txt") I notice that anacron is started just before the system is suspended (19:37). But when I wake it up (19:46) anacron is not launched again as it should. On the other hand this works just fine in one of the cases listed above (see syslog "Syslog - Suspend mit GUI.txt"). Actually its launched even twice in one of these cases. Just before "suspend" (13:28:23) but also after waking up (13:47:52). But everytime I see the line "openmediavault autoshutdown [8231]: thaw/resume: autoshutdown-script restart from /etc/pm/sleep.d/autoshutdown-restart" in syslog. So it seams to me that "/etc/pm/sleep.d/autoshutdown-restart" is at least envolved at each wake-up-process.

So it would be great if anyone had an idea or a suggestion I could try.

It also would be kind of a solution if someone could tell me how I can otherwise launch a script each time the system returns from "suspend", especially if the autoshutdown-plugin has initiated it.