Beiträge von mattejacob

Well, I think the reason, and I may be speaking for myself here, that people insist on using Plex is that some of us have the liftime pass. So to not use it defeats the purpose of having it. I've had Plex since before I had OMV so naturally I installed it. It's a good platform if they would just get that plugin to behave.

Someone may be able to shed some light on this but the last system update to OMV changed some things directory wise right? I didn't have the issue till I updated OMV. Not saying it's an OMV issue, just that the developers of the Plex plugin are a little behind. Usually fixes don't take this long.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this. I'm used to having to tweak things with Linux so it was more frustrating finding the solution than actually applying it. But to those who just want it to work, well, I'm not sure what to say there.

Actually I think it is the correct fix. That's how I got mine working. By correct I mean it fixes the issue. But I think the actual problem is with the Plex plugin and not OMV. It points to the wrong directory upon imstall. It's been a while, the plugin may have been fixed but I'm not sure. I haven't updated to see. And frankly am a little nervous to do so since it has been working fine since fixing it.

So this is only an upgrade issue... I wonder if it isn't so much OMV as it may be the plugin itself causing the problem. I did a manual update last night with plexupdate and it didn't cause a single issue. apparently you have to use this if you are a plexpass member or some of the functionality is missing from the plugin. I really have no idea honestly. but the script automatically checks for and installs the updates and i've never had an issue with that particular one. Which makes me question the plugin itself. Which then makes me wonder if it's fixed in OMV 4.

Just my thoughts. this thread needs pinned or something though because I know we aren't the only ones that have seen plex "crash" because of this issue. took me forever to just find this partial thread. I usually don't even post unless i'm down to desperation!

oh man, thank you for pointing me to that. wow. what a headache. that was it. THANK YOU so much! was driving me crazy. The only problem i see on my end it that it had to rescan my entire library because the data base was gone. Now, that may be because i deleted it before when trying to pin this down or maybe it's because that directory was deleted. Thankfully even though my library is huge i only have it in three different folders so it's not a big deal to set it back up but... i could see how this would be frustrating having to do this over and over. hopefully someone can fix it.

when you reinstall it puts the folder right back in there. Why would deleting the plexmediaserver dir fix this? does the data base somehow get corrupted? It's just strange to me that deleting that folder only to have the plugin installer remake the dir and it then work doesn't make sense. wish i knew what was going on .

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# ls /var/lib                                                            
    alsa       dbus             initscripts  mysql        ntp              postfix         samba  
    apt        dhcp             insserv      mysql-files  nut              python          shellin
    clamav     dpkg             logrotate    mywebsql     openmediavault   python-support  smartmo
    collectd   ghostscript      man-db       netatalk     pam              quota           snmp   
    container  git              misc         nfs          php5             resolvconf      sudo   
    cron-apt   initramfs-tools  monit        nginx        plexmediaserver  rrdcached       systemd

having the same exact problem here. I have tried all kinds of things. another thread had the same issue but it seems that OMV 3 doesn't place the service in init.d anymore so I could only get so far with the thread i found. It was running flawlessly. I've tried manually uninstalling and purging everything then reinstalling to no avail. running systemctl start plexmediaserver seems to run ok. checking status gives me this and that's about as far as I've been able to get. hopefully I can find some help here.

root@openmediavault:~# service plexmediaserver status
    plexmediaserver.service - Plex Media Server for Linux
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Mon 2018-01-15 13:36:08 EST; 1min 27s ago
    Process: 12696 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/plexmediaserver "/usr/lib/plexmedia
    server/Plex Media Server" (code=exited, status=134)
    Process: 12693 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/test -d "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT
    _DIR}" || /bin/mkdir -p "${PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR}" (code=exited, status=0/SUCC
    ESS)
    Main PID: 12696 (code=exited, status=134)
    Jan 15 13:36:03 openmediavault systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service holdoff time over, schedu...rt.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Stopping Plex Media Server for Linux...
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Starting Plex Media Server for Linux...
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service start request repeated to...rt.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.
    Jan 15 13:36:08 openmediavault systemd[1]: Unit plexmediaserver.service entered failed state.
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Haha, I guess I should probably fix that then huh? Didn't realize that's what it was doing. Just got tired of it sending me an email saying it know what to do. I actually just upgraded the system to 3. Would it have corrected the issue when the new files were installed? Otherwise how would one go about fixing what I deleted? 8|

actually what I ended up doing was deleting that directory entirely. Weather that will cause a major issue or not, i'm not sure. so i did an rm -f /etc/cron.daily/logrotate and the problem was gone. hopefully it doesn't mess up any major alerts, like if a drive is failing or something.

I have a question and hope that someone can't point me the right direction. Everyday I get an email telling me this:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
    invoke-rc.d: action rotate is unknown, but proceeding anyway.

Where do i look to fix this. and/or keep it from notifying me everyday about it. I do want leave my notifications on, just don't want to see this everyday in my inbox It's more of an annoyance than anything but if I can fix the problem i'd like to.

Hello all, I'm getting this cryptic message saying communication error when trying to install a network printer. The odd thing is that it worked before. I had lost the drive with OMV on it and wound up reinstalling and everything went smooth but this part. Now I'm trying to reinstall the printer same as before and I can't. Lots of searches on this has turned up very little. I tried the suggestion in this post Can't install printer from either OMV Stoneburner or CUPS but it won't let me uninstall the foomatic-db with out removing CUPS all together. Not sure what to do here as it worked before. Same printer and everything. Even had AirPrint working. Now I'm scratching my head on this one. 8|

That's kinda what i figured. This should be interesting... I should have time tonight to sort it out. I'm just glad the array is fine. I set that thing up for redundancy and it figures that boot drive would kick the bucket! I' usually pretty good about backups but I figured I'd wait till I got it just the way i wanted it then back up the configuration. Murphy's Law I guess 8| Thanks for the help guys! I'll let you know how it goes.

ooh, that's the thing. I can't get to it. But, I haven't re-added the users either. It's a mess. I hadn't backed up any configuration or anything (I was still working on it), and it had only been up a few months then the boot drive crashed. so... do you think it will be ok once I get the users and shares readded? The RAID array shows the file system in the web admin. I just can't see it in the finder. I was assuming it was because the shares weren't set up or anything. I kind of thought they'd still be in tact since the array was ok.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this issue but trying to find the solution has been rough. I've had my NAS up and running for several months without a hitch and then.... the drive that had OMV on it failed. I replaced the drive, reinstalled OMV and off to the races I went. The RAID 6 array showed up but seems to be stuck. As far as I know it's fine, i just need to reinstall plugins, users, etc... Can someone point me to a thread or something that can solve this for me? here is what I get. sorry if this has been answered a million times but google's search results wasn't giving me much to go on. Thanks in advance!

Version : 1.2
    Creation Time : Sat Jun 18 20:01:45 2016
    Raid Level : raid6
    Array Size : 1953019904 (1862.54 GiB 1999.89 GB)
    Used Dev Size : 488254976 (465.64 GiB 499.97 GB)
    Raid Devices : 6
    Total Devices : 6
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Tue Aug 16 16:14:44 2016
    State : clean, resyncing (PENDING)
    Active Devices : 6
    Working Devices : 6
    Failed Devices : 0
    Spare Devices : 0

Layout : left-symmetric
    Chunk Size : 512K

Name : openmediavault:homefiles (local to host openmediavault)
    UUID : 013681cd:52384e9f:2d1951b2:59a4745e
    Events : 57

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
    0 8 0 0 active sync /dev/sda
    1 8 16 1 active sync /dev/sdb
    2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
    3 8 48 3 active sync /dev/sdd
    4 8 64 4 active sync /dev/sde
    5 8 80 5 active sync /dev/sdf