Beiträge von markus221

i want to make everything perfekt from scretch, so this is why i ask

and if you say "termperatur doesnt matter"

i think i read that you have 50% more failure rate if hardrives are under 25°C or so...
    so its better to have Harddrives arround 50°C rather than to cold...

So, i hope i am right in this section

for some time i am searching for a Fan Control for Hard Drives. I Wanted to build a new Nas when 3.0 will be released and hope that there is a Fan Controll that i can keep my Hard Drives in Optimal Temperatur range (which is 30-45 Degree C according to big Cloud owners...)

I read in a Statistic about Best Drive conditions for Clouds, and they say its between 30-45

so why is there no Fan Controll Plugin where i can pick which fan is cooling my HDDs so it will start cooling over 35°C and go Full Speed at 45°C

By now i got a MH1210A Temperature Controller
    http://www.da-share.com/mh1210a-temperature-controller/
    or see Manual: http://www.da-share.com/wp-con…014/12/MH1210A-Manual.pdf

Basicly i want to complain and say: make a Fan controll Plugin for Harddrives :D

so thanks for all our help.
    i expected that copying to one pc woudnt get faster ... cause of my equipment and the stupid windows samba.

But what i want to try is something like:
    ground and first floor samba ip adress xxx.xxx.x.200
    second and thrid floor samba ip adress xxx.xxx.x.201

So when somebody whatches a BD-Rip 1080p Film in the living room on the raspberry (with gigabit-lan to usb 3.0 adapter) and i want to copy data in my "working place" i dont cut of the stream

Hello,

i got a server with a gigabit lan and wonder if i can install a second one on pci or pci-express for better network speed.

I found nothing like this in the forum so i ask hear, please move the theard if i´m wrong in here or help me if there is a theard already existing.

shrot:
    Can i run 2 Network cards in a server.
    The Idea is that 2 computers recieve data and both get 1 gigabit and dont have share one cable

Mostly i use my server for media and downloads and copy around stuff with samba.

Would it be possible for better performance to have 2 ip adresses on the server for this project?

So hello Community,

I want to get active in this Forum.
    Shortly to me: I have a little "company" and run a OMV Server for about 2 Yeras now and want to build a new.... but i will start a new theard or search for something.

Generaly i want to ask if you get better support in English or German?
    Or which Language is used most

I already searched the Forum and didn´t find a concrete answer to my question and i understand the Theard about people complaining that there are often switches form Englisch to german and back.
    And nor i see a seperation beteween germand and Engish Theards
    My English is a bit rusty, so sorry for the maybe bad grammar :P

greetings Markus

Edit: And also a great suggestion of a Moderator: Use Chrome with auto translate and you don´t even notice when some switches languages :thumbup: