Posts by zergo

    I have allmost the same setup.
    Are you shure you mount the right network share via the rigt interface ?
    Can you disable the other NIC and try th speed test again..

    Yeah, I am connecting to the correct interface, but you clued me in on something which resolved it. The problem was the my eth5 interface (where my mellanox is) didn't have a default route, so all traffic was exiting on eth0 because that's where the gateway was bound to. I added a default route and ran ifconfig eth0 down and then I started to see about 9gbps throughput (which I'm happy with) in iperf, and tested a file transfer at about 300-500MB/s (also happy with that).

    To preface things, I did a bunch of omv-release-upgrades to get from 2.x to 4.x. I ended up sorting through a LOT of problems, but I think all of my errors are resolved as far as that goes.

    I have a Mellanox ConnectX on both my OMV box and my Windows 10 box, connecting to a Unifi 10gbps port. Both OS's show that they're connected at 10gbps, however all testing is showing that the throughput on the linux box is only operating at 1gbps. iperf, smb, nfs, etc. all capping out at about 112MB/s or 1gbps. Ethtool is showing the links peed at 10000Mb/s. Is there some sort of configuration I need to check that would force the interface to be limited to 1gbps throughput?

    So I found the problem.

    Doing some more googling, I ran this:

    lsof /dev/md1

    It's odd because running lsof |grep md1 returned nothing useful (at least not pointing me to a specific file), though maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but shouldn't grep just filter by everything containing md1, therefor including /dev/md1?

    That revealed that plexmediaserver was still running, despite the fact that I disabled it in the GUI. After stopping that service there was still an application simply called "Plex" running. I killed the PID, and was able to unmount the raid array and build a new array.

    Good day!

    I'm running OMV 2.2.10, on a Lenovo TS440

    So I wanted to expand my RAID Volume, but I didn't realize that it's not possible to change the raid level when expanding (at least not in the GUI). I figured it would be pretty easy to blow away the array and start fresh. So first I backed up all my information I wanted saved, and then decided it was time to start the process. So I did the following:

    • I disabled all services in OMV, including SMB and anything else that might have been running.
    • Then I went to the RAID configuration page, and went to delete the array, only problem was that the option to delete was greyed out.

    No big deal, I figured, I'll do this with mdadm. So I went into MDADM and tried to stop the array and got this back:

    mdadm: Cannot get exclusive access to /dev/md1:Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group?

    So I decided to boot Linux into single user mode as it seems like a lot of people have run into similar issues. In single user mode, same error. Running lsof | grep md1 returns the following:

    root@omv:~# lsof | grep md1
    md1_raid1 411 root cwd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    md1_raid1 411 root rtd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    md1_raid1 411 root txt unknown /proc/411/exe
    jbd2/md1- 1740 root cwd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    jbd2/md1- 1740 root rtd DIR 8,1 4096 2 /
    jbd2/md1- 1740 root txt unknown /proc/1740/exe

    I try killing the processes, no go, not even in single user mode.

    I feel like I'm at the point of physically removing the drives, popping them in another box, zeroing them, and then start again. Are there any other things I should try before resorting to that?

    Adding credentials works, but defeats the purpose of a publicly accessible network share. You can actually add any credentials (they don't have to be valid for general network access on guest accessible shares).

    I'm using OMV 2.2.7, kernel 3.2.0-4 with all the latest patches and updates installed. I don't think it's an OMV issue, I think the issue is with Windows, I can't browse by IP or Name.

    So far I've identified issues caused by the following:

    • KB3185614
    • KB3189866

    The error you may get is "\\OMV is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated"

    Both of them contain an SMBv1 Fix in KB 3185879, which I think might be what's causing the problem.

    So far, I've uninstalled those KB's to fix the issue, however there may be another fix - I haven't had too much time to peak around.