Beiträge von keenick

I also have had this same problem the past couple of weeks. I did install the samba debugging package I I get the same output as what is above. I have read old threads from various sources, but not explain what the fix is but to upgrade samba. As this thread has no replies, hasn't anyone else ran into this issue? Anyone with thoughts on any corrective things to try?

votdev thanks for all the help :) , looking at the spec file I see that its not a OMV issue, but something with journalctl's log parsing. I'll hunt around for a fix if available and post back if I ever find anything. You can mark this as resolved for now.

Sorry for the late reply, everything working ok now with the new patch, although it still logs in the boot log. I attached that - I rebooted and transferred a few files. Not sure if that is because its part of systemd logging? Can you adjust the command so that smb is not shown in the bootlog messaging? My log gets very large because I am doing alot of transferring of files. I apologize for asking more, this probably should have been a bug report? I thought that I had misconfigured my SMB settings. Thanks for the speedy reply and fix.

Have an issue where I am trying to get smb file auditing logging properly. I have enabled the audit button in SMB/CIFS, Shares, Edit Share, and toggled the button by Audit (Audit file operations). When I do a transfer or I have been backing up some dvds to my collection, the SMB/CIFS audit_log is always empty. Interestingly enough, I do see that it is writing info to the boot, syslog,and messages log? Is this by design? I have searched the forums, but the only thing I found was a thread about audit vfs.

OMV 3.0.40 and stock samba install