Beiträge von hooman008

I managed to make it work for anyone els whom might face the same issue here what i did :

activation of sata multiplier in OMV 4xx + banana pi + JMB 321

in putty

first use the command ===> nano /boot/boot.cmd

inside ===> find the line that stars with [ setenv bootargs.... ] and at the end before " we add : ahci_sunxi.enable_pmp=1

then control +x and then y and enter

then on the main page we put in the command ===> mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

and enter

then reboot

-----------------------

Use the command 'blkid' to see the hard drives show up

Let's stop here. You need to be aware of what you're doing otherwise this can be very dangerous. If you add random text to boot.cmd it won't compile any more. And the mkimage command I showed (and is already there as a comment) has to be executed in a shell

well there is nothing important on these drives , but id like to get it working , i do appreciate if you guide me through it as im just doing it as a hobby

It also clearly says that you need to execute another command to create /boot/boot.scr. And then of course you also need to reboot since these settings are only loaded when the kernel starts.
    Please try the above and report back after the reboot including the output from sudo armbianmonitor -u

thank you for the reply , and how do i do that ?
    its a hobby for me so i dont know much about linux commands

this is what i did in an attmeb to create the /boot/boot.scr

mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

just added it at the bottom of the page

this is the result of the command you have mentioned above : http://ix.io/1FjM

hello everyone

im on banana pi 1+ + JMB 321 port multiplier

finally decided to update my old omv

now i only see 1 sata drive that is attached to my sata multiplier at a time

using putty

nano /boot/boot.cmd

at the end of the page it clearly says :

If you want to use a SATA PM add "ahci_sunxi.enable_pmp=1" to bootargs above

so i have edited to :

.....$sb-storage.quirks=${usbstoragequirks} ${extraargs} ${extraboardargs} ahci_sunxi.enable_pmp=1 "

but still nothing

any suggestions ?

hello everyone im new here , just got a banana pie thinking about building a nas

i burn the image and put it inside the banana and it loads up but i cant access anything

id like to do several things at first make it run
    then id like to use sata multiplier
    i want when the hdd isnt in use to go into standby and turn off after sometime
    i want to be able to access it via internet aswell

im sorry if the questions are stupid and my english sucks , this si the first time im geting into these bords and english isnt my first language

would you please be kind enough to walk me through fixing the issues thanks