Beiträge von ressurex

thats what i thought..
    I just copied someones setup as a start.

im all in the manuals and hox-to at the moment, and my wife is complaining shes lonely so thats a good sign of commitment and focus from my side.

hello everyone -

I just got an HP Proliant micro gen8, and have installed a disk to the odd.
    After some days of testing XPEnology with issues, fan speed, harddrives not sleeping etc etc

i tried to give OMV a go.... to see if this is more satisfactory.
    its currently running version 2. and just booted the first time after installing updates.

here it is.

floppy/SATA cable bougth for 4$ ( https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…5Pin-22P/32690008753.html )

Now to the questions if its okay with you guys. I need to be guided a bit from what to do with the setup moving forward
    Im normally google, read/understand/trial&error before I ask questions, but you guys might help me on the right track to not spend alot of time doing useless things.
    since some of you probably done is a few times ^^

before I start diwing into the plugins world/virtualbox etc here a some thoughts:

Need to have:

Abillity to share mediafiles over LAN/wifi. ( LCD-TV with Nvidia Shield currently. but cheap tablets/mobiles/android/mp3 player devices are also potential clients ) :?:
    Abillity to stream mp3 up to HIGH-HD-mediacontent to tablets/pc/mobiles/android devices in general on LAN/wifi :?:
    Abillity to transfer LARGE files from far away location to the server using the internet ( advanced FTP i suspect ) :?:
    Abillity to sync files/folders between different servers/pc to server over the internet :?:
    A "Dropbox" funtionality :?:

Nice to have:
    Abillity to stream HDmediacontent and files from the server to devices using the internet. ( play movies on our vacation house )

What I understand is needed.

OMV as NAS and OS, can do most of the things listed.
    OMV Virtualbox with windows7, running with advanced FTP and PLEX for the rest.

What I your input ? on this..

Am I way off, what would you do ?

thanks..