Beiträge von tytonic

Thanks for your help.

It is a folder on the data file system. I edited /etc/fstab to remove the noexec for that disk and did a reboot to imitate the change and confirm it would persist. The script executed without issue after that and my DVR is working as it was with OMV 4.

Is there a better way to fix it than what I did?

I've been going through the process of upgrading from OMV 4 to OMV 5 this week via a fresh install. Although I've figured out everything so far, I've had a couple instances where I couldn't do something because permission was denied. The one I'm trying to solve first is why I can't execute a script as root.

On OMV 4 I was running my Silicondust DVR service according to the directions here.

The file is in the appropriate place and the config file is correct. When I try to execute the script via "./hdhomerun_record start". I get the following message

-bash: ./hdhomerun_record: Permission denied

The command "ls -la hdhomerun_record" returns

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root users 1511255 Apr 23 19:50 hdhomerun_record

I also cleared all ACLs in the appropriate shared folder using the Reset Permission plugin from the web GUI, but still get the same error.

As I understand it from the above ls command, any user should be able to read, write, or execute that file. I'm at loss as to why I can't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have an OMV 4.1.23 install I've been using for a couple years. It's been great but I'd like to add some Docker functionality. I was experimenting with Docker back when I built the server almost 2 years ago, but because I was struggling with the OMV plugin GUI, I tried some things with SSH and the command line. Unfortunately, something I did has prevented me from installing Docker again on the system as is (Error processing docker-ce and openmediavault-docker-gui). Since I've had some success with Docker on other machines, and since some of the plugins I use will not be ported to OMV 5 because of the use of Docker containers, I'd like to get Docker working on my current server. I'd like to do a fresh install of OMV to allow me to install Docker. I will do a separate backup, but I was hoping someone could tell me if doing a fresh install and the recreating the system described below has to be done with empty drives?

Here's my system
    CPU: Intel i3-6100
    RAM: 16 GB
    OMV 4.1.23 install disk: USB flash drive with flashmemory plugin
    Storage Disks:
    3 x 5 TB and 1 x 6 TB HGST NAS drives - Pooled to a single mount point using the mergerfs union file system plugin
    1 x 5 TB HGST NAS drive - Rsnapshot backup drive for documents and pictures
    1 x 6 TB HGST NAS drive - SnapRAID parity drive

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Tyler

P.S. OMV Docker install errors if interested

Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(31): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Thanks again for the help. I enabled logging the way you suggested, even using the "Debug" level. Despite this, I found no useful information in the log.

I've contacted Goodreader again specifically for more information on the error code, which they indicated in a previous communication was generated by my server. I also was unable to find anything about it in relation to Debian, samba, or linux in general.

I'll wait to hear back from them for now.

I feel like I must be missing something.

I've added the options

log file = /var/logs/samba/maintest.log.%m
    log level = 3

under the global area in the smb.conf

I've added similar options

log file = /var/logs/samba/mediatest.log.%m
    log level = 3

under the share settings for [media]

I then restart the service and recreate the conditions by trying to download a file using my ipad from the samba media share. I get the same 15348 error on my ipad. I can see the maintest.log.* files created in /var/logs/samba but they are all blank. There are not any mediatest.log.* files. I also tried log level 5 with the same result

On a whim, I tried setting "client max protocol" to both SMB2 and SMB3 without any change in outcome either.

FInally, I set up an FTP instance using the same shared folder and was able to download files to my iPad using Goodreader without a problem so this problem does seem limited to samba rather than a problem with user or share permissions.

I appreciate your help in trying to diagnose and solve this problem. I've been using this box as my OMV 3.x testing box as I'm planning to build a Skylake based OMV box and was hoping for OMV 3.x due to native kernel support. Since this is not a problem when downloading from my OMV 2.2.x box, I may have to look at other options if I can't get this resolved.

Greetings,

Thanks in advance for helping an novice linux user work toward a solution.

I have 2 OMV boxes.
    Box 1: Banana Pi; OMV version 2.2.9 with kernel 3.4.104-bananian; Samba version 3.6.6.
    Box 2: x86-64 box (can give details if needed); OMV version 3.0.52; Kernel 4.7.0; Samba version 4.2.10.

I have shares setup on both boxes which seem to work with Windows 7 no problem. I use the app Goodreader on my iPad to connect and download files from my smb shares. I am able to connect to and browse shares on both devices. I am able to download files from box 1 to my iPad, but when I try to download anything from box 2 I get an error code 15348.

I contacted Goodreader about the problem and they indicated that is was a server problem.

I've confirmed the settings in the GUI are the same on both boxes.
    There is one difference I noted in the smb.conf files
    Box1 : obey pamrestrictions = yes
    Box 2: obey pamrestrictions = no
    I tried changing that manually on box 2 to match box 1 and restarting the smbd service but it didn't fix the problem.

The log files on /var/log/samba area all blank even after changing the log level to debug in the GUI and recreating the problem.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.